Old Faces, New Friends

It was just a lazy day in the living castle Shiro. Lauren and the ARMPIT Platoon were in their throne room lounging out of boredom. Lauren wasn't sure why she kept complaining about that, after all it was her home. However, there wasn't anything new going on. He lazily looks at the Cutie Map, waiting for a mission, something to do.

"This stinks! I hate lazy days sometimes!" Keroro complained, "There's nothing to do, nowhere to go, no adventure, no action, no invasion planning, NOTHING!"

"I could really go for a Cutie Map mission..." Giroro sighed. "I don't want a boring game of tag to be our only way of passing the time."

Lauren giggled, "Well we have plenty of other ways! I mean, the Cutie Map is kind of cool!"

"Oh yeah," Keroro nodded, "We can get some of our favorite cartoon characters! Like... Animaniacs!"

After hearing the mention of Animaniacs, Lauren made a face of downheart. She remembers the show. She remembers when Natsumi met the classic Warner siblings, Wakko, Yakko, and the sister Dot, and happily adopted them as her own. And that's when she met Pinky and Brain, the two lab mice who constantly struggle with world domination, and yet Lauren found them as such lovely dears regardless. But... she couldn't help but to feel like Animaniacs, the reboot, was missing something.

"You know, speaking of which, I've been thinking. What happened to all the other characters?" Lauren asked.

"Beats me. Maybe the directors didn't want it to get to crowded or something," Kululu said as he fiddles with his headphone wires.

"Do you miss the other characters of Animaniacs Lauren?" Dororo asked.

"Yeah..." Lauren sighed, "You know, I kinda wonder where they are now," Her voice began to crack a little. "Maybe they're dead or something,"

"Well, not dead. Because if they would be dead, then they'd have to show it," Keroro pointed out.

"Yeah, good point," Lauren nodded. "But still... It sucks,"

"Yeah, it does suck," Keroro agreed.

Suddenly, Lauren and Tamama's symbols began to glow. This means the Cutie Map was sending them on a mission!

"Oh, finally something!" said Tamama.

Their symbols, along with Happiness', appear on the map and floated in the Animaniacs world. But it wasn't really a pleasing sight. In fact, it was a dark shack that they have never seen before in the show. Not even in the reboot. The couple looked really uneasy.

"What is that place...?" Lauren asked.

"I don't know, but I don't like it," Tamama said, "Think something is there?"

"Looks like it," said Lauren, "And it seems like Happiness has to be involved. She didn't have a mission in days!"

"And why is it in Animaniacs? Natsumi wouldn't want us there unless otherwise!" Tamama said.

"Well, this kinda is an Otherwise," Lauren said, "Besides, she's out of town for a while with her kids and the mice,"

"Yeah, she is, but I don't..." Tamama started out, before realizing something, "Ugh... Natsumi will understand. But let's go now because I am not waiting around to watch the goat bite it,"

"Happiness! Pack a lunch and get your jacket! We have a Cutie Map adventure in Animaniacs!" Lauren called out.

"I'll be down there in a minute!" Happiness called back offscreen.

And so the mission begins. But who knows what is in that creepy shack?

————————————————————————