Mr. Young

Bailey

It's the summer and I'm usually happy, I can lay in my bed all day, watch TV, and hang out with Matthew, my best friend. This summer though won't be as peaceful and fun. Last year I got horrible grades and failed history, my options were get held back, or do summer school. Naturally, I chose summer school. It's my senior year thankfully, the bad news is I have this asshole teacher, Mr. Young. Some people like to say he's the embodiment of Satan and others say he's hotter than the sun. Either way this year's going to suck, if he's an asshole, or if he's attractive. 

I start school today. My school is a private school, therefore a uniform is necessary. I get out of bed and I walk over to my mirror in my bedroom. I hate the way I look. I'm short around 5'4 maybe and a bit chubby, it's pretty noticeable I'd say. My breasts are small and pointy, my butt is big, and very noticeable especially in my school uniforms. My face is perfectly shaped, but a little round, my eyes are emerald green ovals, and my hair is brown with blonde streaks, down to my collarbone in length. My maturity is lowered compared to everyone else my age, sometimes I act a little childish, and I don't have my own car yet, so I typically have my mom drive me to school. I put on my blue and black plaid skirt, and my button up white shirt. The uniform requires one of the blue jackets that fits the school colors which sucks because it's like 85 degrees outside.

I leave my room and my asshole brother, Conan, decided to laugh at the fact I have summer school, his only enjoyment in life comes from the torture of others it feels like. I grab my backpack and head out the door to where my mother is waiting. I get in and she gives me a warm smile. "Hey hon, your hair is pretty today" she says as she starts the drive.

"Yeah, thanks, do I have to go?"

"We are not having this conversation again."

"The paper says it's only going to be me and that Parker kid there all summer."

"Your school has very high academics, many people don't need summer school."

She turns the radio up signifying the end of our conversation. We continue to drive the 8 miles to school which is going by annoyingly quick today. When we arrive my mom quickly says goodbye to me before pulling out leaving me at this horrible place. I walk in the school and go down a few hallways before reaching room A340, in the East wing of the school. I walk in and I see him. Mr. Young. He's standing in front of his desk, holding papers in his hand, and staring at a clock on the wall. He's tall, looking about 6'2, slim and muscular, very muscular. He has short black hair that is fluffy on top and combed to the side, his eyes are ice blue, and he's wearing black dress pants, tight around his hips and thighs, a white dress shirt that is fitted perfectly to him and is tucked into his pants, his belt is black with a silver buckle, and he's wearing a black leather watch, that looks expensive. He looks expensive. I can smell him as soon as I enter the room. And God does he smell good. He has a short stubble on his face that contours his sharp jawline, he looks perfect.

"Ms. Stevens I presume? Please take a seat as class will be beginning in a short minute, oh, and please stop staring at me" he says, his voice raspy, and cold, ice cold, which is confusing because he says this with a smirk.

"Sorry, Mr. Young." I say as I take my seat.

"I prefer Sir" he says sharply.

"Sir" I correct myself.

He stares at me and Parker for a minute before going over details about himself, my main take away is he's 26 and single. He hands out a syllabus for the summer about all the topics we will be covering and the grades we must have in order to continue to the next year and not repeat the previous year. I feel myself getting nervous and the self doubt trickling in. Our first unit is the war of 1812 which has always bored me the most. He starts to go over the beginning parts of the unit, the basics of the war and I notice Parker being extra attentive and writing notes, me however, I can't focus and I can feel myself zoning out. After a while I start to twirl my pencil to try and keep myself focused but it doesn't work.

"Ms. Stevens!" I jump as Mr. Young yells and slams his hand on my desk, my pencil flying out of my hand.

"S-Sir?" I stutter most likely out of pure fear if not definitely.

"I asked you what ignited the war" he says calmly, so calmly it's eerie.

"Uh- l-land?" I ask nervously.

"Wrong!" He yells. "If you are planning to graduate this year or even survive a week in my class you better listen up." He leans in so Parker couldn't hear him "I also suggest wearing a longer skirt."

"S-sorry Sir, m-may I be excused to the bathroom?" I ask on the brink of tears.

"Yes, go, quickly." He snarls.

I practically run out of his classroom, pulling my skirt down as I go. I open the bathroom door and I lock it behind me, I lean against the wall and slowly fall to the floor, crying as I do so. "I can't go back there" I say quietly through my tears. I remain there for a while thinking of how pathetic I am. Crying because my teacher yelled at me, it's pathetic, but the truth is I cry when I'm scared or when I get yelled at. Which just happened in a matter of 5 minutes.

After a few more minutes I hear the handle to the bathroom shake, then a gentle knock, followed by a louder one. I stand up and wipe my eyes before checking my phone, 30 minutes? I've been here for 30 minutes? Yikes. I unlock the door and it swings open, Mr. Young's musk quickly fills the air. His expression is stern.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Wipe your eyes and get yourself back in class before I make you repeat last year." He turns around.

I don't say anything but I nod.  

"I only take verbal answers." He says impatiently.

"Sorry, Sir." I hate my voice I feel it is too squeaky and high pitched, I'm also really shy usually and I usually answer non- verbally. 

I get back in class and for the life of me I cannot stay focused, it's extremely difficult for me. After a little Mr. Young calls a break time and steps into the hall to answer a call. I pull out my phone and text Matthew. I tell him how I hate summer school and how much of an ass Mr. Young is, but I also say how hot he is. Which was a mistake.

Mr. Young silently enters the room and leans over my shoulder grabbing my phone and reads my text "I hate this man and this class. If he wasn't so attractive I may jump out of the window." He laughs "is this your boyfriend?" He hands my phone back.

"N-no I- I don't have one Sir" I say lowly.

He looks at me for a moment, eyeing me up and down then he asks us to sit as he finishes the rest of the teaching for the day. Parker leaves first, very quickly. I am the last to leave, which leaves me alone with Mr. Young. 

"Ms. Stevens, please be more focused tomorrow, and I won't yell at you, I don't like my students crying in the bathroom during my classes. Especially the ones that have potential." He says while looking at his phone.

"Yes, Sir, I will be. Mr. Young my mom had heard that you are good in every subject?"

"Yes, that's right,why?" He asks turning his focus to me.

"She was wondering if you would, tutor me, in every subject, outside of school, she just wants me to do we-" he cuts me off.

"Yes I do, we can start tomorrow, my house, right after school. If that works for you?"

"Yes, Sir, thank you" I say softly.

"Good, now please leave, I'd like to go home."