Feelings getting overthrown

A beautiful young man and woman sit on the sand beside each other of an empty beach, a yellow red sunset rest along the shore.
They hold hands and glace at one another, no words spoken because none were needed. They both felt a rush of melancholy as their time together neared its end.
For she was to become one with the sea.
She spoke softly
"I wish time would slow down, i wanna love you tonight..."
he sighs with a reponse, "Why do we have to say goodbye? I love you, but it dont feel right... nobody really knows. This feeling is getting overthrown.. right now, im gonna love you for tonight."

They both stood, and he stepped back from the shore to watch her. The woman didn't look back. She ran quickly and elegantly dived into the ocean immediately, turning into her true form, a mermaid. She swam through the jellyfish and coral reafs, arriving at what looked to be a cave, which was her home. She held a picture of her lover, and with a rock she carved into what looked like a stone callender, an X, marking her last days as a human.
To fulfill her destiny, she would become one with the deep blue ocean. With tears forming into bubbles, she swam down, down, down. Florescent flowers and plants guided her further until pitch blackness.

He watched the sunset fade into a black starry sky and walked away. Never forgetting his love, knowing she became one with the sea.