04

She was getting ready for her wedding when two little hands covered her eyes from the back, "Arey kon hai ye pyaare Pyaare hatho ke piche" she said making Yuvika giggle.

"Guech kro," yuvi said in her baby tone, "ye hath toh kisi pyaare bacche ke hai, umm Ritika di? Nhi unke hath bade bade hote hai, yuvi? Nhi uske hath itne pyaare nhi hai," I said, "mashiii aishe kyun bolte ho," she said and wrapped her hands around my neck.

"Mere bacche ke hath sbse pyaare hai, nhi wo khud sabse pyaari hai," I said and grabbed her hand and made her sit on my lap.

"Aap bhi sabshe pyaali maashi ho," Yuvi said and kissed my cheeks. "Maashi aap sach mai rudransh jiju ke sath chale jaoge," she said and put her head on Yuvika's shoulder.

"Yes baby" Ridhima said and patted her head then gave her a forehead kiss.
"Aap milne aaoge na melse" She looked at Ridhima with her teary eyes.

"Yes baby I'll meet you every week, I promise," I said and made her stand in front of me, "okay now it's time for hugie bugie" She hugged Ridhima tightly, "I'll miss you mashi maa".
This is the first time Yuvika called her Maasi Maa, actually When Yivika was 3 years old, Ritika tested positive for COVID-19, Gaurav Jiju dropped her at ridhims's house and she took care of yuvika's food, clothes, bath, 
cleaned her poop, and that's when they became so close after 6-7 months Ritika di get well and then come to take Yuvi with her.
Ridhima is like Yuvika's second mother.

"Yuvi let's go, it's time for bed," Ritika said and pinched her nose, "no mumma, maashi is going, maashi ke prince charming aye hai unke lene, jab wo jayengi tab mai so jaungi, plomise", she said taking her little finger out for pinky promise.

"No baby it's late, you've to sleep", Ritika said holding Yuvika's little hand in her hand, "Mashi, mumma ko smjhao na, pwease", yuvi said pulling her hand from Ritika's hands.

"Didi thodi der mere sath rehne do na". Ridhima said.
"Pr ridhim--"
"Please", both of them said at the same time
"Theek hai" Ritika di said and left from there.
On the other hand, rudransh was sitting in the pavilion, busy on his phone.

"Batameezz kahi ka, shaadi ho rhi hai teri ab toh sudhar ja," Vida said taking his phone.
"Maa please dedo mera phone," Rudransh said, "tameez se baat kr maa hun teri, aur ye phone, ispe saari energy lga dega toh-".
"Toh tu thak jayega aur thak jayega toh subah late uthega" Dhiraj cut her off by putting his hand on Vida's mouth.

"Chup raha kro aap, bada hogya hai wo itna to pata hi hoga ki first-night pe kya hota hai," Vida said.

"Aap chaliye yaha se" Dhiraj took her from there and also took rudransh phone with them.

Ridhima quietly walks towards the mandap with blushes on her cheeks escorted by her brothers, parents and friends. she dreamt of her smiling with black shades and dancing to her favourite pop song kudi nu nachne de while walking under the phoolon ki chaadar. But now with no expression, she walked down under the beautiful phoolon ki chaadar, held by her cousin's brother. After she made her way to the Mandap and sat beside Rudransh without even looking at him.

Then the ritual began, they both got up after the little pooja.

Ritka and Jivika handed them their varmala and then she insisted

After the garland exchange has been completed, the bride and groom sit together under the Mandap and the wedding ceremony commences.

"Dulha aur dulhan ka gathbandhan kriye," Pandit ji said looking at Veeda
"Jao bachao" vida order ritika and jivika.

Gathbandhan symbolises the union of the bride and the groom in a sacramental bond for the rest of their lives.

One end of the bride's pallu is tied to the traditional scarf worn by the groom along with a coin, a flower, whole turmeric, durva grass and some raw rice