36. kisses and rain

˚ · • . ° .

𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗜 𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬 𝗔 𝗖𝗢𝗨𝗣𝗟𝗘 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗥𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗗𝗦 𝗢𝗙 𝗨𝗡𝗢, and then matt arrives.

i hear the doorbell ring and immediatly, a huge idiotic grin lights up my face.

me and malina look at each other for a split second before getting up and breaking into a run for the front door.

we race through a couple of corridors before getting there, and i manage to beat her to it.

i open the door, breathless and panting, and see matt. my face genuenly hurts from smiling.

"MATT!" i sling my arms around him, pulling him close and breathing in his lovely cologne.

a deep laugh comes from his mouth as he kisses the top of my head. "bells i literally missed you so fucking much i can't deal with this." he says, running a hand though his dark hair after we pull away. after a beat, he notices malina behind me. "hey mal." he smiles, embarrassed.

the girl laughs. "hello, matt."

i smile. "so did i." i whisper into his lips, pulling him in for a soft kiss.

malina laughs behind us. "whoa, you guys. i hate to be that person but get a room." she chuckles, bending at the waist from her laughter.

matt and i chuckle, pulling apart.

i smile at the girl. "see you later, mal." i turn from matt so i'm facing her and mouth "cockblock" in her direction, which only makes her erupt with more laughter as matt says his goodbyes.

i close the door behind us, stepping into the crisp air and grabbing his hand for comfort.

"i genuinely love malina's energy." he states, smiling sweetly down at me.

i nod. "i love her so much, words can't even describe it." i tell him pointedly.

he laughs, and i take the opportunity to tease him. "so you missed me?" i ask, grinning wide.

he chuckles. "very much."

i smile. "aww, matt." i say, hugging him by the waist while we're still side by side.

he puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

"this is so weird, we're only been actually together for like a day or two but i feel so comfortable with you, this feels so normal." he explains.

i nod, my hand in his. "i agree. it feels like way longer, and i have no idea why." i respond.

he hums, the sweet sound vibrating through my chest, sending butterflies to my stomach. "what's the word for it? it just feels so... i don't know." he sighs in defeat, not finding the right word.

"good?" i try. he shakes his head, signaling for me to continue. "um... sincere?" i ask, wrong again.

"it's just so... right. that's the word." he says, triumphant.

"right." i whisper.

"right." he confirms beside me. placing a small his on my hand, interlocked with his.

i giggle at the soft gesture that makes my butterflies increase three times harder.

suddenly, the familiar sound of rhunder rings out, signaling that a storm is coming. i yelp in surprise, matt hugging me close and telling me that it was nothing.

and sure enough, a storm is coming.

water droplets start falling from the sky, at first barely noticeable, but then heavier, more full droplets come upon us.