𝟎𝟕. HUNTERS

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛. 𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

"Happy birthday!" I smiled excessively, holding out a clear plastic box containing a cupcake. A surprised Allison slightly jumped and then turned towards me, apparently she hadn't seen me walk up to her. Her locker door was open and I could see a bunch of balloons tied down inside with a card from Lydia. As much as I hated Lydia, that was nice of her to do for Allison.

"How did you—"

"Scott, who overheard from Lydia or something like that." I shrugged.

"And I told Lydia not to tell anyone," she laughed but stopped when her eyes fell down to the cupcake.

"Please don't tell me you're allergic to cupcakes." I bit my lip.

"No, no, not that," Allison giggled, "it's just that, no ones ever done something like that for me before. Wow, thank you." She took it from me, eyeing at how good it looked.

"You're welcome. What are you gonna do tonight?"

"Nothing that I know of. Tonight's parent teacher conferences so my parents are gonna be here till late. Want to come over?"

"Yeah! Are you sure? I mean, I don't want to intrude on—" I began, feeling fearful that maybe Allison had other plans and I was being rude and barging in. I was always paranoid like that.

"No! Not at all, I was kind of upset that nothing was going on, I'd love to do something." She gave a toothy smile.

"Awesome. I'll meet you at your house, let's say seven."

"That's perfect. I'll text you the address." She wiped out her phone.

"Cool. I've got to go to my locker so I'll see you in a few minutes."

"Okay, see you in class." She shut her locker and we parted our opposite ways. But after I the stop at my locker and when I headed to class, I sat down and waited for the birthday girl to show. She never did, and neither did Scott. Not even Stiles.

"Lateness will not be excepted Mr. Stilinski." The teacher announced, checking off something on a clipboard. Stiles mumbled a quick reply and headed to his seat, which was behind Scotts, if he was even here.

"Where's Scott?" He whispered to me. I shrugged. Then he noticed Allison wasn't there.

"Where's Allison?" He asked, his voice quiet while the teacher lectured.