How do I Setup the D-Link DAP-1665 in Repeater Mode?

In your home or workplace, the can be a useful addition if you're wanting to increase the range of your wireless network. This multifunctional dual-band wireless AC1200 range extender does more than just strengthen your Wi-Fi signal.

Its capacity to function in repeater mode, which enables it to pick up an already-existing Wi-Fi signal and rebroadcast it, so increasing your network coverage, is one of its helpful characteristics.

We'll walk you through setting up the D-Link DAP-1665 in repeater mode in this article.

Prerequisites

Before we dive into the setup process, make sure you have the following items prepared:

Configuring the D-Link DAP-1665 Range Extender hardware is what you'll be doing.

A smartphone or computer: To access the settings of the DAP-1665, you will require a device.

Getting into the Current Wireless Network: The network you wish to expand should have its SSID and WiFi password known to you.

Step 1: Physical Setup

should be placed in an area that allows it to provide more coverage, but it should still be within the range of your current Wi-Fi network. Connect it to a power source.

Link up with DAP-1665: To connect to the default Wi-Fi network of the DAP-1665, use your computer or mobile device. The sticker that's on the side of the device has the default password and SSID. As you would with any other Wi-Fi network, connect to this one.

Launch a browser: Start a web browser (such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and enter the DAP-1665's default IP address in the address box. The standard IP address is "192.168.0.50." Type Enter.

Step 2: Login and Access the Setup Wizard

Login: A username and password will be required. The password is empty and the username is "admin" by default. For security purposes, changing the password is essential. Once the default credentials have been entered, click "Log In."

Get to the Wizard of Setup: You will be sent to the web-based configuration page for the DAP-1665. One of the options here should be "Setup Wizard." To initiate the setup procedure, click on it.

Step 3: Select Repeater Mode

Select Your operating Mode: You will be given a number of options for operating modes via the setup wizard. Decide to use "Repeater Mode." By connecting to your current Wi-Fi network, this mode enables the DAP-1665 to expand its coverage.

Select Your operating Mode: After choosing "Repeater Mode," the DAP-1665 will search for available Wi-Fi networks. Choose the Wi-Fi Network. From the list, pick the network you want to grow.

Enter the Wi-Fi Password: The password for the chosen Wi-Fi network will need to be entered. You need to enter this password in order to access your current network.

Customise the Extended Network: If you would like a different name for the extended network, you can modify its SSID (network name). This can assist you in differentiating between the extended network and your original network.

Security Configuration: Ensure that the extended network is configured with the same security credentials if your current network employs them. WPA2-PSK with the same password as your primary network would typically be used for this.

Examine and Apply options: Make sure all the options you've entered are right before moving further. Click "Next" or "Apply" to save the adjustments if you're happy.

Step 4: Connection and Testing

Reconnect Your Devices: You might need to re-connect your devices to the extended network after setting up the DAP-1665 in repeater mode. If you modified your SSID and password during setup, use the updated versions.

Testing: Go around the locations where you previously had spotty or no service to assess the coverage and speed of the extended network. Your Wi-Fi coverage should have been much better after installing the DAP-1665.

Step 5: Additional Configuration (Optional)

The D-Link DAP-1665 offers various additional features and settings that can be customized based on your preferences. Some of these options include:

Guest Network: To keep your primary network private while enabling guests to access the internet, you can set up a different guest network.

Quality of Service (QoS): Give particular devices or applications top priority so that they can use the best bandwidth that is available.

Firmware Updates: Make sure your DAP-1665 is running the newest features and security updates by checking for firmware updates on a regular basis.

Security: To improve security, reset your DAP-1665's login information. Make sure your password is strong and distinct.

Conclusion

It's simple to set up the which can significantly boost your wireless network's performance and coverage. The DAP-1665 is a dependable option if you wish to expand your Wi-Fi coverage outside or have dead zones in your house. This article will walk you through the process of quickly and simply configuring your D-Link DAP-1665 so you can take advantage of a strong, long-range wireless network.