Chapter 7: The Veiled Loyalties

(Continue....Scene 12)

Amidst this waning gathering, Salman's attention is drawn by a distant call that compels him to focus his gaze on the figure seated at the end of an imposing, lengthy table.

Salman takes measured steps forward, bowing his head in a respectful gesture as he approaches the commanding figure, Advisor Aamil "Come close,"

Advisor Aamil beckons, his voice carrying an air of authority. Salman obliges, drawing nearer to the table.

Another man, the one Salman had previously encountered outside the assembly room, steps forward to collect documents before Advisor Aamil. Despite the evident preparation, Aamil's demeanor remains poised and undisturbed. There's an unspoken understanding between the two men, suggesting that this scenario is far from unusual.

Salman remains composed in his place, his calm and unwavering demeanor a testament to his self-assuredness. Meanwhile, Advisor Aamil, an experienced man known for his exceptional ability to assess people, discreetly observes him. Aamil's reputation for reading personalities is well-known, but when he locks eyes with Salman, an unexpected uncertainty creeps into his countenance. The silence in the assembly room is oddly unsettling as these two men engage in an unspoken exchange of scrutiny and intrigue.

Aamil's servant, meanwhile, discreetly retrieves documents from the advisor, placing them in a file, all while maintaining a respectful distance from his esteemed master. His role is to facilitate without intruding.

"Salman, Master Daniyal's disciple"

Advisor Aamil utters in a gracious tone. Upon hearing his name spoken by the high-ranking advisor, Salman instinctively lowers his head in a show of reverence. Aamil, with a genteel hand gesture, extends an invitation for Salman to take a seat, a customary act of politeness.

However, Salman, in a gracious refusal, replies,

"Thanks for your generosity. I am fine."

This polite refusal reflects Salman's character, and it becomes apparent that he does not easily bend to conventional protocols.

Advisor Aamil, accustomed to such decorum, turns his gaze toward his servant, who has maintained a vigilant watch on Salman, seemingly unaware of Aamil's scrutiny. The servant, upon catching the commanding gaze of his master, is taken aback.

His eyes briefly flit toward Salman, seeking understanding. However, recognizing the unspoken directive, he acquiesces with a single nod and a respectful bow toward Aamil.

With measured and rhythmic footsteps, the servant exits the assembly room, leaving behind a curious silence. Aamil remains silent, his thoughts veiled in a shroud of mystery, until the door closes firmly behind his departing servant.

As Aamil's servant departs, there is a noticeable tinge of disappointment etched on his face. His curious and suspicious gaze lingers for a moment, revealing a longing to eavesdrop on the confidential conversation unfolding between Aamil and Salman. However, the closed door stands as an impenetrable barrier to his inquisitiveness.

Within the assembly room, a hushed anticipation fills the air. Aamil finally breaks the silence, his words carrying an air of authority.

"I am quite impressed that in your three times leadership of the caravan, there has been no interference from robbers. You are indeed fortunate, Salman,"

Aamil remarks, his tone tinged with a hint of intimidation. Despite the implied pressure in Aamil's words, Salman remains composed, offering a mere nod of acknowledgment as he becomes an active participant in the conversation.