poetry.

theo woke up to a cold breeze in the room. he opened his eyes to find aurora sat by the open window on a small windowsill seating area, smoking and reading.

he groaned and stretched, rubbing his eyes as he did. her eyes flicked up from the book.

"did i wake you? i tried being quiet so-"

"love, its fine, i woke up on my own. i didn't realise you was up"

"oh- how did you sleep?"

"well, thank you. and you?"

she shrugged "yeah it was alright, better because i was with you but you know.. memories"

"hence the smoking at 7am?"

"mhm" she hummed as she took another drag, tapping the ash off the end out of the window

"nasty habit that"

"as if you dont, yourself" she laughed

"shhhh" theo teased as he sat up "what you reading"

"old poetry, sev found it in his library and owled it over early hours this morning"

"how long have you been up?"

"about an hour or so"

"read me a poem" he smiled, standing and sitting the other end of the cushioned seat

she sighed and took one last puff of her cigarette before throwing it out of the window and closing it and flicking through the pages of the book to find a short meaningful passage. once she had settled one one, she cleared her throat and began reading outloud.

"so, we'll go no more a roving
so late into the night,
though the heart be still as loving,
and the moon be still as bright./
for the sword outwears its sheath,
and the soul wears out the breast,
and the heart must pause to breathe,
and love itself have rest./
though the night was made for loving,
and the day returns too soon,
yet we'll go no more a roving
by the light of the moon."

"that was beautiful aurora"

she smiled and shrugged "thank you"

"no really it was, who wrote it?"

"lord byron"

"what does it mean?"

"poetry has no true meaning unless specifically stated by the poet. its interpretive to the reader, thats what makes it so lovely to read. it can be as far from the original purpose as possible and still make sence if described the way the person perceives the peice." aurora rambles on but stops herself as she realises shes doing so "sorry.."

"dont you ever apologise for you and your words my love, i love your voice. tell me how you see this poem"

"one of the ways i take it is as if its the end of a crazy youth era and the start of adulthood. having to settle down after years of being free"

"salzar fucking i love you, rora, i do, i really do"

she giggled and kicked his hip gently "i love you too"

"you hungry?"

she shook her head and her smile dropped slightly

"hows it been? eating, i mean"

"alright- i mean im open with you, you know i am. i was sick yesterday after breakfast but i didn't force myself so i think thats progress"

"definitely, im proud of you. will you try and eat this morning?" theo pulled his girl closer to him and sat her in his lap

"ill try"

"thats all you can do"

she nodded and pressed a quick peck to his lips "i need to get ready"

"whats the rush?"

"you said it was 7?"

"around that time, yes"

"food is served at 8:30"

"oh alright" he pressed another kiss to her lips and tapped her thigh. she got up and left the room with her bath robe and her wand

30 minutes later, aurora walked back into her bedroom wearing only her robe. she quickly shut her curtains and locked the bedroom door.

"nice shower?"

"mhm, did you want one?"

"ill have one in the afternoon or evening doll dont worry"

she nodded and began getting dressed into a small black pleated skirt, as usual with low opacity black tights, a fitted white turtle neck body suit and a black and white checked blazer. she dried her wet hair with a quick spell and used another to lightly curl the ends of her long blonde hair before placing a black silk headband on top of her hair.

theo was already dressed and was just messing with his hair in the mirror, waiting for aurora. he wore some slightly baggy jeans with a plain white top and a branded navy fleece over the top.

rory unlocked the door, left her room and knocked on dracos "we're going down you coming?"

no reply.

hes either killed himself or he's already downstairs.

A/N:

filler chapter before bed

thank you for all the support love you all 🫶🏻🫶🏻