𝟏𝟕. THREATS

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋

𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬

I awoke the next morning from a loud buzzing sound. My eyes trailed over to where it originated, my nightstand. Scott McCall Calling, the screen read. I reached over and grabbed the phone, sliding my finger across the glass scream.

"Hey." I greeted, my voice filled with sleep.

"Katherine." That wasn't Scott's voice.

"Who is this?" I was fully awake now.

"Dr. Deaton."

"What are you doing with Scott's phone?"

"I think it'd be better explained if you met me at my office. As soon as possible, please." The line went dead.

"What?" I looked down the black screen on my phone, he hung up on me? Why did he have Scott?

The soles of my boots pattered against the vinyl flooring of the Beacon Hills Animal Hospital. A small bell had jingled when I opened the door, catching Dr. Deaton's attention. The animal hospital was pretty quiet since it was early morning, none of the cats or dogs were awake yet.

"Scott?" I called. My black purse was clutches closely to my side. What was Deaton, a hunter?

"Katherine." Deaton walked out in his usual white lab coat.

"Where's Scott?" I asked immediately.

"Before you get the wrong picture here, let me explain to you, I'm not the bad guy. Follow me, will you?" He walked away and led me into a room where I found Scott lying unconscious on a table. A large pad of gauze was taped over his abdomen; the center of it was stained with blood.

"What happened to him?"

"I'm not quite sure. I found him in the middle of the woods with a bullet in him."

"He must have gone to Derek's..." I whispered under my breath.

"He wasn't to far from the Hale house if that's what you're implying."

"You helped him?" I asked, turning to Deaton with a mixture of surprise and shock.

"Yes. He should be perfectly fine in a couple hours."