Up to the Challenge?

Izuku Shimura, the formerly quirkless son of Inko Shimura, sat depressed in his living room as his mom tried to cheer him up. Ever since school ended the other day, he has been down. It broke her heart seeing her son with near undying willpower finally broken after everything he had been through. Years of torment at the hands of students, teachers, and even police for his quirklessness didn't break him. When his powers finally manifested during the entrance exam, his attitude soared high. But what did break the boy, you wonder?

     Finally, making it into UA's Hero Course did. How could this reduce him to pure sorrow? Simple. His unfortunate luck put him in Shota Aizawa, aka pro hero Eraserhead's class. The class in which every student was expelled. Half the students ended up getting brought back into UA. But not Izuku. He had used every ounce of power he could muster finishing at the top of the QAT. Yet due to his short time of actually having his quirk, Aizawa saw him as a simple liability who refused to actually train his quirk. For his dream to be dangled before him like a brass ring only to be cruelly snatched away, it shattered the boy's resolve.

    As Inko tried to console her baby boy, a knock was heard at the door. Sighing, she went to answer it, wondering who could be visiting as she had not expected anyone to be coming over. Thinking it may be Mitsuki, she opened the door and was floored. Three beautiful women and a large muscular man waved to her. All in cat themed costumes. "Uhh h-hello?" She asked nervously.

    The four smiled and introduced themselves quietly, as well as handing her a set of forms that explained the situation. After reading the forms, Inko smiled tearfully. Leave it to the rat god of UA to save the day. She let them in, and suddenly, their attitudes changed upon seeing the adorable green haired boy. "Oh my God, he's so cuuuuuute!" They shouted as they raced to the boy tackling him into a kitty pile. Making him yelp in surprise. "Well, uhh, that's one way to say hi, I suppose." Inko said with a quirked brow.

    After pulling themselves up, the four heroes introduced themselves to the very confused Izuku. "Hello Izuku Shimura. Heh, sorry for the gang glomping uhh we're the Wild Wild Pussycats, and we're here to fulfill a request from Principal Nezu of UA High!" Said the brunette leader of the team Shino Sosaki aka Mandalay. Izuku blinked a few times at that. "Uhh, I d-don't understand. Why w-would N-Nezu ask you to c-come here?" He asked while rubbing the back of his head.

    "Hehe, well cutie, we're supposed to train you ourselves. That's why." Said the blonde Ryuko Tuschikawa aka Pixie-Bob with a wink. Making the green teen blush like wild. "As she said. Nezu saw your potential and sent us your files. Gotta say with just under a month of having your quirk you did pretty well in Aizawa's assessment test. As well as rescuing those students in your entrance exam after just gaining it. We don't know much about it, but can you give us a rundown of your power?" Shino asked as the rest nodded.

    Shrugging, Izuku  did his best to explain what he could of his quirk. "I call it Apex. It's a mix of all three quirk types. My muscles and cells are mutated, allowing me superhuman strength, agility, speed, durability, and senses. On top of that, I can take my fighting spirit and release energy attacks as well, though I've only done it once before I can transform into a powerful form like an anthropomorphic feline. I gain green fur as well as cat ears and a tail. My fingernails turn into diamond hard claws, and after reverting back to normal, I am fully healed. I call that my Apex Form. I have a difficult time controlling my abilities due to the limited time I've had with it. I also uhh don't know exactly what is required for me to transform."

     The four heroes were stunned by the many aspects of his quirk. Especially the fact that it's the first known quirk to count as an emitter, transformation, and mutant type. "If what you say is true, then I see why Eraser refused to accept you back like so many of the others. Sigh, Nemuri is gonna need to hear about this." Tomoko Shiretoko, aka Ragdoll, said with a groan. The other three nodded along before asking what all training he had undertaken. Floored that aside from strength training in the year leading up to the exam, he had not done any other form. He's tried training some since he unlocked his quirk. But due to a lack of a true training dojo, he has not had much help in training.