Before a tragedy

Before the inevitable death of practically everyone Ei loved, everything was good. She felt like she had everything, especially with Miko, a Lorain Shrine maiden who she had became quite close with.

Many nights, after long, stressful days, she would find herself cuddled up on Miko's lap, slender fingers brushing through her hair. 'Your hair is so beautiful.' Miko muttered, ' So soft, so long.' She continued, this is what Ei looks for every day, petals from the vast Sakura trees falling to the ground.

The air felt cold, but the warmth of Miko's lap soothed her, at the time nothing else mattered to her except the gorgeous woman loving on her. Hands parted her hair, dividing it into sections to braid it. 'You know,' she started, looking down at Ei, 'your hair would look so much prettier in a braid.'

Her fingers formed the sections into a braid, as she looked down at Ei, eyes interlocking. Neither dared put an end to the night, until Miko yawned slightly, catching the attention of the woman on her lap, who laid so cozily.

Miko wished that moment could last forever, but Ei was metaphorically ripped away from her, a 500 year gap. How alone she felt, looking back on thos moments conflicted her. When she was alone at night, free from her responsibilities, she would find herself recounting those fond memories.