chapter five

"wait, he said what?" yanagi asked, resting his chin in the palm of his hand.

(name) explained what happened yesterday between him and miyamura, the conversation playing over and over again in his head. the two had been walking together from the train station when miyamura suddenly spoke.

"(name)."

"hm?"

"i want to make sure of something really quick. what you asked me earlier. i'm assuming it means you like me, right?"

(name) had abruptly stopped in his tracks, looking at miyamura. "huh? what?!"

'it's not that obvious, is it?' (name) thought to himself, his mind running a hundred miles per second.

"what makes you think that?"

miyamura gazed at him, his blue eyes ocean strong, swimming with warm sun lit currents. "am i wrong?"

"it's not like that," the teen found himself unconsciously confessing. "i mean, no you aren't really wrong, but..."

"then, i'm looking forward to what's next."

"what do you think he meant by that?" (name) asked yanagi after having gone over the details.

"if you want my thoughts about it, i'd say he wants to go out with you."

"do you think so? don't feed me delusions."

yanagi fell silent, thinking for a moment.

"well, he said he was looking forward to what's next. how else could you interpret it?"

"but it's not like he actually said anything about dating. he could've meant he's looking forward to being friends."

"just ask then. ask him point blank."

"i could, but if i'm wrong, i'd die of embarrassment. i'd have to move across the state, change my name, and adopt a puppy named kuroo."

yanagi grinned. "i don't think that's quite necessary, but i get what you mean. look at it this way even if it is a misunderstanding, you should clear it up sooner rather than later. you won't get hurt as much that way."

"how is it that you don't have a significant other yet? you'd make a great boyfriend you know."

yanagi straightened in his seat, that gentle grin still dancing across his lips.

"who's to say i don't already have my eye on someone?"

yanagi was right. though, he had no idea how to approach something like this. he glanced up at the preoccupied teacher before looking at his phone that hid behind his raised book.

to: miyamura
from: (last name)

hello, this is (last name). i'm sorry for messaging you during class. there's something i want to ask you. after your last class, please meet me in front of the school gates. i look forward to meeting with you.

(name) made it sound like a business negotiation, but the damage had already been done the minute he sent that text. if he's completely wrong about this, he'd never be able to show his face in front of miyamura again.

━━━━━━

thanks for reading!
don't forget to vote and
comment! it's greatly appreciated.