(1) Signing

2001

"Im going across the street to play with klay!" I yelled from the front door to my mom.

"Okay, do you have your walkie-talkie?" My mom stood at the platform where the stairs turned.

"Yes! It's right here," I waved the little device at her.

"Ok, just give us a ring every hour!"

I ran out across street, 4 houses down. I knocked on the Thompson's door,"Hello Mychel! Is Klay home?"

"Yeah, he'll be down in a minute." Mychel left the door open and I was standing about 4 feet tall and 11 inches in the door way.

I waited a minute and Klay walked down his staircase while slipping a shirt on. I didn't think anything of him at this time, He was just my friend.

"Hey kells!" Klay ran to the door and took me out to the basketball courts.

I stood on the pegs of his bike, he brought me everywhere like that.

We were like 10 years old and didn't have a car of course so that's how we did it.

*fast forward to reality*

Unfortunately now, we're older and Klay doesn't know me anymore but I still watch and support the Warriors like I did when I was younger... I haven't talked to Klay or seen him since the summer going to college. We both moved out of the town; I went with my sister to California, for school in Berkeley and we liked it here so we stayed. --

I was really debating to go to the dubs fan signing day today but something in my gut told me to go, for Klay.

"Alesha!" I grabbed her arm to stop her before she went out on a run.

"Keli, what is wrong with you!" She pulled her earphones out, startled.

"Oh sorry! Do you want to meet the Warriors today?"

"Holy fuck, YEAH!" She yelled.

"Okay, we'll go after your run."

My sister seemed really excited. I was excited, I was planning to have Klay sign an old picture of us. I feel like it would make him somehow remember me.

*at the signing*

We were really close to the players and I was getting anxiety as we got closer. The tables lined; iggy, Barbosa, Barnes, Curry, Thompson, so on.

I was a total fangirl when it came to stuff like this. I love basketball, it was and still is my life!

"Iggy!" I tried hugging him over the table.

"Hey, what's your name?" He asked as I handed him the flag after our 'hug'

"Keli! k-e-l-i." I spelled it out for him.

"That's unique! well Keli, thank you for supporting us." He passed the flag down. I was mesmerized already and I barely spoke when I saw Barnes and Barbosa.

When it came to Curry, I JUST COULDN'T.

"Steph! Hey I'm Keli." I smiled and shook his hand. Klay lifted his head from signing to look over at me. He smiled, not the smile he gave the camera for a show. He smiled the way a kid did when he got a new toy, It was the same smile Klay had when we hungout everyday in grade school.

"Uh Keli. Kelllli," Alesha pushed me out of my daydream.

"Right, right! Thank you steph." I almost died.

Steph mumbled to my sister something about me..

KLAYS POV

WOW. I didn't realize Keli would be here. I mean I know she was in the Bay Area.. It didn't occur to me that she would come. I knew she was a hardcore warriors fan but shit! I forgot.

When I heard that raspy softy voice, I knew that was my girl. Yes, I know...... I said my girl, we've known each other since we were in the womb. Our parents were really close until we moved, worst decision they made.

"Keli Gianna Santos," I took the flag.

"Klay!" She smiled and almost teared. Keli forced me to stand up and hug her.

"Still haven't lost the attitude," I smiled while signing her flag.

"Oh hush. Can you sign this too?" She handed me a picture of our buddy picture from when we were 10.

"Holy..... This is so bad!" I laughed and signed it, "Curry! Look at this."
I handed him the pic.

"Damn you were hella young."

Keli wasn't looking so I quickly wrote my personal number down with a little note.

Tonight- 7pm @ moonlight restaurant on west hill dr. MEET ME THERE!

When she turned back around I flipped the picture over and handed it to her.

"It was nice seeing you again after so much years!" Keli smiled.

"Yeah... It won't be the last! See you later kells!"

I was In another daydream and I slowly went through the next guys and I couldn't function after the whole thing.

------
Tell me how you feel about this.
WOW KLAY THOMPSON IS WOW