OO. SOUL, MINE AND YOURS

For the soul remembers, though my heart stops beating and my mind forgets

For the soul remembers, though my heart stops beating and my mind forgets. My body erodes and I am no longer the man I was. My soul will always remember you.

As my soul and yours intertwine in a midsummer night, my head raises and I look around, hoping to find whatever that momentary feeling was, only to be met with an ache in my chest.

I've always believed that way before we meet in this age- we were already connected.

In our past life, when I was a peasant and you were a princess, I climbed to your balcony to meet you when the moon rises without fail. Then I would eventually be executed, because your castle guards found me and a peasant and a princess were never meant to be.

When you were a child and I was a stray butterfly, you loved having me, letting me land in your finger. Alas, your mother shooed me away, squashed me with the soles of her shoes.

When you were a star and I was a firefly. I would sing songs to you up in the sky. A star was so far up there that you were beyond my reach.

When I was Icarus, flying towards you, the sun. Though my wings melted when I got too close to you and I fell to my death.

When I was a painter in the Renaissance and you were my muse- but you were already engaged.

And now, you were a sorcerer and I was a cursed womb.

I did not know who you were but I'm certain it's you. My soul reacts to your presence. I know you.

My soul remembers you.

Prologue end.