Asking Her

"One more time." Laxus pleaded. He was at his place with his team. He was practicing to ask you to the Ball that was coming up. It was a Ball that the capital held for all wizards. And Laxus wanted you to be his date. I mean, why wouldn't he? You were his girlfriend and he wouldn't want anyone else. He wanted to make that night special for you. Perfect even. Just like when he confessed his feelings for you three weeks ago. And just like last time, Laxus had his team here for support. They helped him build the courage to ask you out rather than stare at you from afar. He trusted them.

"Ok. Just one more time, Laxus." Evergreen agreed. Laxus stood in front of the Fairy Mage and cleared his throat. He took a deep breath before beginning, "[Name], will you . . . . g-go to the Ball w-with me?" His voice was shaky, a clear sign of his nervousness. "Laxus, you've got to be more confident when you ask her." Evergreen told him. The blond nodded along and took another deep breath. "Bring flowers tomorrow when you ask her." She insisted. Tomorrow was the day that Laxus decided he would ask you. He had been practicing with Evergreen for weeks and still stuttered. You made Laxus's heart beat faster than normal and he would get nervous and sweaty around you. He loved you though. You were his world. He has been in love with you for so long. But he always kept quiet. Now that he has you as his girlfriend, he can't mess anything up. The slightest mistake could cost him.

"Flowers. Got it." Laxus said as he sat down on his couch. "You'll do fine, Laxus." Freed encouraged his leader, sensing his nervousness. "Yeah, man. You've got this." Bickslow added. Laxus chuckled to himself, "Thanks guys." The Thunder Legion left after that, telling Laxus to get a good night's sleep. For the next hour or two, Laxus practiced over and over. Each time making him more nervous.

To be honest, Laxus wasn't just nervous about asking you to the Ball. He had a million different scenarios running through his head. Both good and bad. But he had this secret that would affect him at the Ball. A secret that he was too embarrassed to tell, but he would eventually have to face it. It scared him to death. The image of you laughing in his face terrified him. He didn't want to be an embarrassment to you, but he also didn't want to embarrass himself in front of you. Not even his team knew the secret. That's just how fatal it was for him.

The next day, you walked through the streets making your way to the guild. When you first walked through the door, a chair flew at your head which you dodged easily.

"I've heard enough of your scooby doo crap!"

"It's Shooby Doo Bop, moron!"

Sounded like Natsu and Gajeel got into, yet another, fight. Couldn't they take their fights outside? It was annoying to keep ducking every two minutes from a flying chair or table. You sat at the bar where Lucy, Erza, Mira, and Cana were. "Hey, [Name]." Mira smiled. "Hey. What were you guys talking about?" You replied. They all looked at each other then back at you. It was weird. Like they were conspiring against you. "The Ball." Cana blurted out. You opened your mouth to speak, but nothing came out. "So . . . has Laxus asked you yet?" Erza asked, leaning towards you.

"To the Ball? No." All the girls gasped at your answer. "We're already dating. Should he have to? I thought it was implied."

"Well, yeah . . . but still." Lucy mumbled as she sipped her drink.

Suddenly, there was an arm around your shoulders which surprised you. Laxus wasn't this bold in public. In public, he had that tough exterior that everyone knew about. The only in public boldness that Laxus had was when you two secretly hold hands under the table. But he'd be blushing the whole time which he tried to hide. You loved how shy Laxus could be. It was a cute side of him that only you got to see.

"[Name]." A voice spoke, but it wasn't Laxus's. You looked through the corner of your eye and saw a naked bare chest behind you. "What is it, Gray?" You replied. "I need your help." He told you then looked up at the other girls that were looking at him suspiciously. "All of you." He added. "What's the matter?" Mira asked while cleaning a glass. "It's Juvia." He began, "S-She's been hoping that I'll ask her to the Ball, but I don't want to ask her. I don't like her that way, but I don't want to hurt her feelings." "That's very kind of you, Gray." Erza stated. "You should get a fake date." Cana spoke out, taking a chug of her booze. "But Juvia might ask who the girl is." Lucy commented. "I know. I thought about that." Gray said.

He turned his head and looked back at you. He pulled you in tighter. "Um, Gray. I don't think that's a good idea." Mira had an uneasy feeling. It was mostly due to the large silhouette standing behind him. "Hmm?" Gray raised an eyebrow, confused. He got the feeling that someone was standing behind him. He turned around and his face immediately went pale. "Uhh . . . i-i-it's not what it looks like!" Gray stuttered and stammered on the right words. Laxus wasn't buying it though. He walked into the guild to find, what looked like, Gray making a move on his girlfriend.

"You're in for one hell of a treat, kid." He growled, obviously not in a good mood. Gray gulped hard, afraid of what was to come. "Is it sweet?" He nervously laughed, trying to lighten the mood. His attempt failed. Laxus grabbed Gray by the head, lifted him off of the ground, and electrocuted him. Gray's screams were heard throughout the guild and probably the town. When Laxus was satisfied, he dropped the fried body to the ground.

"[Name], come with me." Laxus barked. It sounded harsh to everyone, but you could tell by the look in his eyes that he didn't mean it that way. You followed him outside to the back of the guild. He stopped by a tree and you heard him take a large and deep breath. He was nervous. You remember when he confessed to you that he was sweaty and fidgety, just like now. "Uhh." Laxus licked his lips and tried to calm down. It was just one question so why was he so nervous? "W-W-Will . . you go . . t-to t-the B-B-Ball with me?" He gulped after asking you, mentally slapping himself for stuttering. His face was lit up red. The blush even covered his ears. He dug a hand into an inside pocket of his long fur coat which you didn't know existed. He slowly pulled out a single rose and handed it to you. "F-For you." His blushed turned scarlet and he looked at anything but you.

You took the rose and smiled. "Thank you, Laxus." Seeing your smile made his nervousness melt away. He returned your smile. "And yes." You said, "Yes, I'll go to the Ball with you." He grinned and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "You idoit! Kiss her!" Evergreen shouted from behind the tree. The Thunder Legion had been there the whole time upon Laxus's request. "R-Right!" Laxus mumbled as he hesitantly walked forward. He took your face in his hands and gently pressed his lips against yours. It was a short, brief kiss but you caught the feelings behind it.

"Geez, what am I going to do with you?" Evergreen teased the tall blond as the team came from behind the tree. You looked down at your rose. The Ball was in a week. And now you couldn't wait.