Chapter 23: Facing Pirates

(The ninja are training Lloyd at the dojo.)

Jay: You must be light on your feet. Hiyah!

Cole: When you strike with your fists, concentrate. You may be small, but you're strong.

(Lloyd strikes the boards, making an earthquake. Everyone but Anna gasps as they are flown back.)

Jay: That was the power of the Staff of Quakes. And you did it without the Golden Weapon!

Zane: That must be why you have the potential to be the greatest ninja. You can harness all of the Elemental Powers.

Lloyd: Really? Cool.

Wu: With this power, you must be careful. You must control it before it controls you.

Dareth: I have to admit, not bad for a kid. But instead of ten boards, how about fifty? Stack 'em, boys. (Wu sighs.)

Dareth: And perhaps if I, Grand Sensei Dareth, can break through them all, you will allow me to join your team and become...(puts on a ninja hood)...the Brown Ninja!

Jay: (Snickers) The Brown Ninja? You gotta be joking!

Cole: Sorry, pal. Club's already full.

Dareth: Okay, okay. Then maybe this demonstration of my superhuman strength may persuade you. Jeffy, Phil, are we ready?

Jeffy and Phil: Yes, Grand Sensei Dareth.

Dareth: Observe. I call upon the greatest animal to give me strength, the Dragon.

Anna: This is not gonna end well.

 Dereth: Heeyah! (He hits the boards, but screams in pain. Everyone but Jeffy and Phil, laughs at him.)

Jay: Oh, man. Ow!

_

(In the city, everyone screams as they see the flying pirate ship.)

First Mate: What is this place, Cap'n?

Soto: A place to plunder. Never have my eyes seen such treasures. Boys, take whatever you want!

Business Woman: Are those pirates?

Soto: Fire! (He fires a cannonball at the window, making everyone scream.)

Postman: Great. Now what? (A pirate swipes his mail.) Hey, you can't do that!

Pirate: Hahahaha.

Soto: (Stands in front of a bus) Aye, a creature. Let's give him a taste of our steel. (The pirates start attacking the bus.) It surrenders and gives us its loot. Have at it, boys!

Jay: Oh, that's our ship!

Lloyd: But pirates?

Anna: Pirates haven't been around for centuries.

Zane: I sense Lord Garmadon is somehow behind this.

Lloyd: How are we gonna follow them?

Anna: Kai do you still have the bus tokens.

Kai: (Holds out a bus token) Yeah (A bus arrived and the ninja jump in.) I can't believe I'm saying this, but follow that ship! Ugh, I don't like the kid coming along. It's too dangerous.

Lloyd: Please, please, please. I'll be super good.

Zane: The powers inside you are still too great, too uncontrollable.