Chapter 4

Warmth spread across his face, light shining behind his eye lids.

Shifting slightly, he winced as pain shot through his back. It was extremely tight and sore. Opening his eyes, he had to squint until they adjusted to the light.

Looking around, he grew tense when he saw he was in an unfamiliar bedroom. Had his brother succeeded in getting him home?

After a moment, he relaxed. The room wasn't decorated the way his brother decorated. (The image above was the best one I could find that suited how I imagined the room. Just imagine a window on the wall next to the bed.)

As he studied the room, a creak outside the bedroom door told him someone was out there. After a moment, a girl, around the age of 19, backed into the room, holding a tray.

When she turned, she froze, eyes winding in surprise, before getting herself under control. "Um, I brought you some soup, bread, and water. I assumed you'd be hungry when you woke up." She said, setting the tray on the bed side table.

He didn't say anything, and the girl became visibly uncomfortable. "Uh, my name's Cameron." She said again. He almost scoffed at the poor attempt of conversation, and he could tell the girl, Cameron, knew this. "There's some clothes in the dresser. I'm not sure what your exact size is so I put a variety of sizes in there. Uhm, I'll be downstairs if you need anything."

Cameron turned to leave and, before he could even stop himself, he said, "Herobrian."

She turned around, confused. "I'm sorry?" She asked.

"My name is Herobrian." He said. "And, thank you."

Cameron smiled and nodded. "Of course. I'll be back to check in on you later."

Herobrian watched her leave, and mentally scolded himself. How could he have lost control over himself!? She was a mere mortal and he was the God of the Underworld! He shouldn't be losing control over his emotions like that!

He thought back to when Cameron had first laid eyes on him. She seemed shocked, but none the less talk to him. Why would she do that? His eyes were what usually scared everyone off, so why they didn't scare her off was the question.

Looking over to the dresser, Herobrian sighed and decided to try and get to his feet. As he sat up, he winced as his wounds argued, but he pushed through until he was sitting up right panting.

Pulling the covers back, he rose to his feet, squeezing his eyes tight as his head began to pound with all the blood running.

Once he recovered, Herobiran carefully walked over to the dresser and began opening drawers, skimming through clothes until he found something that properly fit him. Stepping into the bathroom, which he found out was attached to the room, he stripped off his torn pants and put on a fresh pair of cargo looking pants and a nice dark blue shirt.

Once he considered himself presentable, meaning he didn't look like he had been in a bed for days on end (not that he was), Herobrian quietly left the room and made his was to the stairs, quietly walking down them but stopped when he heard voices talking.

A/N:

Chapter 4 is now done! 🥳

I am still taking character requests, if you would like to have a character in the story. If you do, comment or message me privately.

Thank you too Zelda_Story_Teller for everything she's done to help me with my story. I wouldn't be here without her.

Also, my Marching Band won first in the Cavalcade of Bands Championships with a 90. 357 (or something like that lol)

I hope you lovelies have a good day/night!

And please don't be a private a silent reader 🥺

Word count: 639

~GingerCat_05