Introduction.

I walk into Gail's backyard. I can't believe their horse farm is at the edge of the woods and it's their back yard, like from the front of the house it just seems like an old house, but from the back there is a whole ton of horses. Luckily Gail has no idea I left my cowgirl hat here the other day. Now where can I find this cow looking hat?

I climb over the wooden fence and walk though the pastures. Where are you, you stupid hat? Suddenly, out of no where, I hear a gunshot so close I duck. The cows in the pasture all decide to stampede. They usually only do this when there is a thr...

Before I can finish my train of thought I see him. A man standing in the field. His hair disheveled and his body filled with scrapes and bruises. In the same breath I see all the cows head straight for me and behind the guy Gail's father stands with his crazy hunting goggles. "Chupacabra!" He screams from the top of his lungs. A goat-blood-sucker? I look at the man and he looks at the brink of collapsing. Is Gail's father really going to shoot him? I am snapped out of my thoughts by the loud "MOO!" A few meters away from me. "Shit." I turn to run but I am frozen by fear. I look back and I see about 50 cows running my way. Wait, what did Gail say, scream and scare them like on Cars right? I lift my arms and I scream at the cows... but nothing happens. I pinch my eyes shut and I scream again as loud as I can, but the thunder under their hooves drown me out. Shit! I crouch down and I wrap my arms around my head. "Protect your head." I hear Gail's voice echo through my head. All of a sudden I feel a arm over my head and when I look up it's the man. He looks like he's about to faint. The cows come stampede but the guy lifts his head and look at the direction of the cows and they instantly run around us. Once the last 3 or 4 come, he falls to his knees next to me. I look at him in the distance I see Gail's father running this way. He will surely kill him or something. I take a deep breath and stand up on my own 2 feet with the man sitting on his knees breathing shallowly. The way I see it I have 2 choices. Number 1, I can hand over wild man to Gail's father and go home as if nothing ever happened or...number2 I can whistle for Dex (a.k.a my stallion) and kidnap this man to my garden cottage on another farm and see what he is.

Anyone that knows me knows... I never take the easy road. I am just way too curious and stubborn for that. I place my fingers in my mouth and I whistle. And like lightning I see Dex thundering around the house. He jumps over the fence with no to little effort and runs to me. Gail's father falls a few times and is still far from us. "No! Child, he's a monster!" He screams from afar and when Dex reaches us I grab his reins and he looks at me then at the man. "It's okay Dex, we save him. I'll tell you later." I say and he shakes his head and I clench my jaw. "That wasn't an question." I say and Dex sighs. I place his reins in the mans hand and the man looks up at me and I frown. "Down Dex." I say and Dex goes and lies down. The man climbs on Dex's back and looks at me again, this time in a begging manner. He holds out his hand weakly. I don't take it, instead I just climb on behind him and I signal for Dex to stand up and he does. I tap the heal of my boot on his side and be begins to gallop.

I look at the man in front of me. He has a bitemark on his shoulder. Is he a vampire? And how did he spook the cows without saying anything? He slightly holds his form, showing his conscious, but not for long. He slouches forward fully. I gasp as he starts to slide off. Luckily we are far from Gail's farm now, but still in the middle of some other farmers peach trees. I hold on to the man but only for a few seconds. The pink petals of the peach trees around us cover the ground. The man slides of Dex and lands with a *thump* on the ground. I gasp and I slide off.

This man's skin is so pale. I sit down next to him on my knees. He's not moving...is he dead? U push his shoulder down, rolling him on to his back. His eyes are closed. I swear he really is dead. I softly take each piece of his disheveled hair from his face. His face, it's so...bare. No beard or stubble. I look at his open chest, also scratches and bruises cover his chest, but still no hare. Only the hair oh his head. I softly touches the other side of his face and I turn it towards me. Now I have to pick out these hair to see his face again.

As I take a good look at him, something about him feels familiar. Like I have met him before, but not this me. A different centaury. A different timeline me. I softly caress his cheek. its soft with a bit of stubble. I place my wrist an inch from his mouth to check his breathing. Wait his breath is cold...is he dead, or dying. I lift his head from my lap and I place it on the ground, I need to check the rate of his heart. I crawl over to his chest and I place my ear against his chest. I wonder what he was doing walking around in the woods without clothes on. I softly place my head on his chest and I listen. There is no beating. I gasp as I jump up from his chest. I need to do CPR, but I never paid attention in my medical crash coerce for lifeguarding. Wait lets make sure there is no heartbeat. I lay my head on his chest again and sure as nuts nothing. I place my hands on his chest. But before can start compressions I am mesmerized by a single blossom from the trees, that softly fall and land on his lips, What an odd thing to happen. Dex walks over and smells his hair.

I sit staring at the flower on his lips.