vi

Ah yes... the upcoming festival at the carnival. A day that all and sundry are looking forward to having and practically daydream about it, including the teachers. Many a good man were excited for it. Well... except for (Y/n).

If anything it was more like a night full of torture. You know why? That's because literally everyone has a partner to go with. Everyone except for her. Multiple people have already asked her out on the carnival and she was grateful, but... it just... didn't feel right to go with them.

If anything, it would be more awkward than exciting to go with some random guy at school you never knew existed in the first place. There was no way in hell was she about to risk it all just to feel less lonely. She was willing enough to stay at school as the others left. Which is what she planned on; staying at school.

"(Y/n)?" A sudden voice called out her name, driving her out of her thoughts. "Hm? Oh, sorry." She said, turning her attention to her phone again.

"Spider-Man once again saved the day by rescuing not one, but two buses full of passengers as he fought off another villain! How lucky are we to have such a hero?"

Miles smiled at the screen before turning to his friend whose eyebrows were furrowed. "What's up?" He asked. "Nothing... It's just-- I don't know." (Y/n) answered quietly.

"Is this about Spider-Man?" Miles asked her.

"No... Well partly, but no. Definitely not."

Setting aside his Math textbook, he faced the (H/c) haired girl, now giving her full attention, "Talk to me. It might help you, you know."

Without giving it a second thought, the girl immediately began to blabber about the well known hero. "It just doesn't sit right with me to be saved by someone I barely know. I mean-- anyone could be behind that mask. Literally anyone. Even you."

Miles chuckled at that, "Maybe," he commented, "but ya know you can trust him since he could possibly, maybe, be your one and only."

"Exactly my point!" She now said in a louder tone. "It couldn't possibly be you. You're the most awkward guy I've met who's never given up on rizzing people up because he thinks it's cool even when he has been rejected fifty time."

'Wow. Great, supportive friend who'd never give up on you, right here!' Miles thought to himself.

"What's all that have to do with Spider-Man? You think he's cooler than me?" Miles asked with a smirk, as if he's challenging her.

"No... Well yes actually-- but no." She began as she scribbled something on the back of her book. "I mean--he's soo prideful because he's sure of his capabilities, which... isn't bad. He's so determined in everything, almost as determined as you! Except, with a mask on his face." She continued before stopping to sink in what she'd said.

Miles was about to give his insight before he was suddenly interrupted by his friend, "...And honestly I admire that about him."

That statement immediately hushed Miles as he stared at her in shock. He was at a loss of words. 'Hold up-- did she just admit that she likes me...?'

Silence ensued as both teens sat there, equally unsure of what to say or do. "Don't give me that look..." (Y/n) mumbled once she finally caught Miles' eyes.

"But..." The male started, "I thought you said he could be a bad guy...?"

"That's not what I said!" She said quickly. "I just meant that there could be a possibility that the person behind that mask could be a janky old broke hobbo man with nothing to do in life." She stated blankly.

Miles slightly chuckled before listening to his friend once more.

"Besides, it's not like anyone knows his age. He could be a third grader for all I know. Or heck, maybe even someone around his eighty's."

"He's a teenager." Miles corrected her, making her raise her brow in confusion. "How do you know that? That's strictly forbidden in a hero's life; letting an ordinary civilian know your Identity."

"For someone who hates Spider-Man, you sure are trying to learn plenty about him, to the point you found 'that' out." As expected, (Y/n) slightly hit him before asking her question once more.

It took Miles half a minute to finally let the cat out of the bag. "We uhh... We met before during his uh-- patrol! Yeah. Patrol. He told me that he's a teen just like me. And now we've been best buds ever since."

"Lame excuse." (Y/n) said.

"And how would you know that?" Miles asked, narrowing his eyes as he smirked.

"It just doesn't sound right. There's a big patch you haven't filled up." The girl explained. "And besides... If that's really true, then I expect you to invite him to dance with me during the ending of the ceremony."

"Deal!" Miles said, shaking her hand firmly.

Before (Y/n) had a chance to open her books, she suddenly felt the warmth of Miles' hands over her's when he held them gently. This made butterflies erupt in her stomach.

"Hey, I'm pretty sure you never complained about Spider-Man from the beginning. So, what's with the new mindset?" He asked her curiously.

(Y/n) stared at him, unsure as she debated whether to tell him or not. As Miles gently stroked her hands relaxing her, he smiled at her sweetly. "You can always trust me with anything. You know that, right?"

Heaving out a heavy sigh, she smiled at him before it faltered as she looked down in despair. "I don't think you'll need to get Spider-Man anyway."

"Why is that?" Miles asked.

"Because I don't have a partner. I wouldn't want to be stuck in the middle of friends and lovers while alone. It's gonna be awkward. Which is why I've decided to stay."

It took Miles all his strength not to laugh, but he did it anyway, getting the girl annoyed.

"Really Miles?"

"What--? I--it's true that it's funny." He answered between breaths.

"And why would it be?"

"That's because your resolution won't be useful at all."

"What? Why?"

To answer her question, Miles was quick to shut up and face her. He joined their hands intertwining their fingers together.

"(Y/n) (L/n)," he started as he smiled softly, "will you be my date to the carnival?"

-------

Guess who's back? That's right! And I'm more creative than ever hence making more chapters and stories! Ty ty thank you sooo much for being patient with me for 2 whole months!!! I'll do my best. Have a wonderful time wherever you are with whoever or alone!

>> Luv CR

STUDY BUDDIES // Miles Morales On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara