Chapter 21

"You have come back ! Where have you been chaeyoung ?" dae cried, rising from the chair so abruptly she upended the clothes on her lap

"You have come back ! Where have you been chaeyoung ?" dae cried, rising from the chair so abruptly she upended the clothes on her lap. Chaeyoung was surprised at the same time finding dae there
"You here !! I gave you permission to go to Silla.Why didn't you go ?"

"Because I don't want to go.Leave it ! Where have you gone ?"

"I went to..I've been at the church ."

"Tat far !!!. Without Emperor's permission ? You very well know, that without queen yejin or princess yeri permission no one comes in, or goes out.This isn't Silla Chaeyoung"

"I am truly sorry dae.Actually I didn't know you would be so concerned."

"You don't know a thing ! For God's sake What have you done ? Everyone thought you ran away. When I came back to your chamber  you were missing. I couldn't find you anywhere.Have you any clue about the worst moments I had to go through because of you. Had you not come home within the next hour I was going to punish myself for my negligence "

"Oh, dae, you're the best friend anyone could ask for.You caring for me despise of I hurted you with my words."

Dae pushed away from her in a timid motion "Leave it.I have been worried sick all of the day thinking about you.But I heard some tried to attack you and if Emperor wasn't reach in right time what might have happened ? ! Who was that ?." Dae's round face wrinkled because of fear while inquiring it

"I don't know dae.But I....." Before she competing her sentence, a sound, like a bird in flight, so close it almost grazed her left ear, startling her as she leaped backwards. Was someone out hawking? Chaeyoung looked around to see who would dare seek such a sport while the wife of the emperor was being talking in room. But there was no bright-eyed bird with jewelled collar and silken tassels dangling from its claws and shreds of prey in its curved beak. Instead an arrow, long shafted, with Orange-White feathers, quivered in the ground at chaeyoung's feet. A few inches more and it would have pierced her body

Shouts of alarm rose from the chaeyoung and dae as they took two step backwards out of shock.Almost instantly dae came under of chaeyoung although shielding her from awaiting danger.At that time chaeyoung was still staring at the arrow.

"Dae, Look !" She stooped and wrenched it from the earth, "There's something round the shaft." She ripped off the coarse red thread that was securing a sliver of parchment and stared at the writing on it. She surprised the language was her own tongue, but the words leaped and danced before her eyes and for a moment she struggled to take in their meaning.

Dae took the paper from her and read the message aloud:

'"Greeting princess,
Hope you are still remembering me, chen brother of prince Chenyeol whom you truly love.First of all I wanted to ask forgiveness for not saving you from that attackers.Yes, I was there when you are making the visit of church.But before I could came infront of you I saw another man walking towards you.I assume he may be your body guard because he protected you from danger. Princess we got the letter send by you.As my brother came here to save you.Don't worry everything has set up perfectly.Trust in me, joseons never going to find us. Throw this arrow with reply from both-west side of battlements of  fort in mid night.My spy will be waiting for your reply there.Make sure that no one watching you"