𝗖 𝗵 𝗮 𝗽 𝘁 𝗲 𝗿 ²⁰

★・・・・・・★

★・・・・・・★

I glanced at my left side and saw her sleeping peacefully against the window

I was on call with Max, my right-hand man who takes care of things which I can't because could have lack of time I have I trust him.

That time he was telling me how those local gangsters had been being problematic for us, invading things that don't belong to the even challenged me.

And it was their last word until now Max would have blown their small cluster.

My phone rang, and I answered. "Boss, it's all done," Max reported, and I could hear the chaos in the background.

"Good," I replied before instructing him to send me the details of our dealings with the American Mafia.

Once the call ended, I looked at Ashley again, still peacefully sleeping. She was in a deep slumber, completely unaware of the outside world. We arrived back at the mansion, and I got out of the car, moving to her side. I opened the door with care, but when I did, her head started to droop. I quickly slid my hand beneath her head to support it, letting out a sigh.

She truly was a heavy sleeper.

"Ashley," I called softly, but there was no response. I tried once more, raising my voice, "Ashley!" Still, no reaction.

With no other option, I decided to carry her in my arms. I placed one hand under her waist and the other near her calves, gently lifted Ashley from the car, cradling her in my arms as she continued to sleep deeply. Her head nestled against my chest, and I carefully maneuvered her towards the entrance of our mansion. The weight of her body felt oddly comforting, a stark contrast to the cold and ruthless world I often navigated.