Chapter 1

"To get me to leave you have to tell me to leave." The First Son has never been as pissed as he does right now. He thinks he has finally reached the other, but he knows he hasn't when he hears what he says next.

"Leave... please," Henry stammers out since the words almost felt like they had to be torn out of him. Alex's stomach drops.

The brunette's head bursts with a series of screams that drown out any sound from the room he stands in. His arms urge to throw themselves around the man standing in front of him. He wants to hold him in place and never let go. He can feel his throat ache as he holds back from arguing any further.

"As you wish," He whispers. He rushes out of the castle and hasn't turned back since.

***

Three years have passed and the two have seen each other through press releases online but never interacted. Alex has tried his best to move on and start seeing other people, but his heart is still stuck in time.

"Earth to Alex," June says while waving her hand over his face.

"Huh?"

"Did you not just hear me?"

He tosses himself into work quite frequently and tunes others out. He has always been like that, but ever since the break up it has been worse.

"I asked how it was with Georgia the other night."

Georgia was just another person amongst a whole line of people Nora, Pez, and June tried to set him up with the past year. Quite frankly, he was growing bored and sick of it.

"She's great," He responds. June can easily read behind his tone.

His sister sighs. "I know you're probably tired of us setting you up with people, but we just want the best for you."

"I get it June."

"You can't go on life still upset over Henry. He's an asshole."

"You think I don't know that?!" He snaps.

"I know you do..."

June sighs and slumps in a chair next to her. "There's a reason why we have been trying to set you up this past year..."

He drops all of his work and turns his gaze toward her. She continues, "I promised the others I wouldn't say anything."

"Just say it."

She took a moment as she took a deep breath. "News about Henry will be released later this month to the press."

"Ok?"

"Pez says he spoke to the castle and he has been working to come out for the past year."

A weird lightness of relief settles on him, but he can tell there's something more from the way June's eyes are expressed.

"Henry also has a boyfriend."

He can feel his heart plummet to his feet. He crumples a paper on his desk tightly into his fist.

"Are you ok?" She asks reaching out to him.

"I need to be alone right now."

"Ok, I understand."

It wasn't until a few weeks later that he saw a photo of Henry and his new boyfriend. Alex's throat aches as he stares at the man he loves holding hands with a complete stranger.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 02, 2023 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Red, White, and Royal Blue - Alternate Roadजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें