Pretty Girl dressed in gold of Ophir

"Looking at you got my eyes wide." Isis looked away from Wilhelm. She walked to the stained glass window and touched the pattern on it.

"Still?" Wilhelm smiled.

"Yeah, still."

"Then what's the hesitation?" Wilhelm closed the distance between them, then touched the gold lace on the back of her dress.

Isis turned to face him. He smiled and titled his head. She looked to the ground, then said, "This isn't my world."

"You're not marrying this. You're marrying me."

She grabbed his hand and interlocked her fingers with his. "You promise?" she asked.

"As long as you treat me well, I'll treat you better than the family jewels."

"I don't want to be a trophy."

"You won't be a trophy. You'll be my wife. If you are the jewels, then I am the glass case protecting you."

Isis looked at Wilhelm, then she started to fix his tie. Turning her cheek to face him, she said, "Take it."

Wilhelm kissed her on her cheek. Isis turned her other cheek.

Rather than kiss her, Wilhelm rested his cheek against Isis' and whispered into her ear, "You're not going to bail on me right?"

Pulling away from him, Isis grabbed his chin and said, "What do you mean?"

"You won't let the person I love disappear right?"

"Do you intend to stop being kind to the ants and let your brothers destroy their nests when you find them in the forest?"

"No." Wilhelm smirked.

"Do you intend to stop being kind to the ducks and let your brothers hunt them for fun?"

"No."

"Are you going to stop loving bees and stop planting flowers for them?"

"No."

"Then if my glass case is always as clear and brilliant and reliable as I know it to be, your jewels will never change colour."

Wilhelm smiled, "Shall we go do this then?"

Before Isis could answer, her bridesmaids pushed the doors open.

"What are you doing?" Isis' elder sister and maid of honour Carmen yelled. "You're not supposed to see her. Get out!"

Carmen and Isis's eldest sister Ignacia locked arms with Wilhelm and walked him out of the room. The other seven bridesmaids huddled around Isis. She tiptoed to take one more look at her groom. Then she looked at the gold lace in her dress. It was made from real gold, fifty percent, imported from India. Her groom looked better. To her, he was out of this world, like sci-fi.

Damn.