basil has a question

"hey sunny!" basil said as sunny passed him by in the hall. "we're having a sleepover at my house tonight". "do you want to come?" sunny nodded his head. "great! let me ask the others" basil ran off to invite everyone else leaving sunny alone. after a while of standing alone, he decided to head to the cafeteria to grab some chips before leaving school. "oh hey sunny," he turned to see hero smiling at him. sunny waved. "you coming to the sleepover too?". sunny nodded. he turned to walk away. "wait! have you seen kel lately?" sunny shook his head. "hmmmm... he must've gone home then. i better go. bye sunny," sunny waved again. hero left, leaving him alone again.  in the cafeteria he grabbed some chips. he paid the lady and left. the bag made a crinkling noise, disturbing the quiet, deserted hallways of the school. sunny walked home from school every day. normally he walked with his friends, but today was different. his friends went home a little earlier because they wanted to prepare for the sleepover. as sunny reached his house, mari greeted him. "hey sunny," she said with a smile. sunny smiled a tiny grin. nobody would have noticed unless they were looking closely, but mari noticed everything. she giggled, like sunny, it was a small giggle. nobody would have noticed unless they were looking closely, but sunny noticed everything. as the siblings found comfort in each other, a bigger problem arose.