[ONE]

There really wasn't much to do in her town

There really wasn't much to do in her town. It was a small construction town in Magdeburg which was majority forest and partially a mountain. There's one shopping mall, one skate park and an abandoned factory that became a squalor which was the main hang out spot for teenagers.

That went for Diana and her friends, four boys in a local band Tokio Hotel, the dirty sketchy building that was rife with illegal tattoo set ups and drug pushers was the only place that really had anything going on in their town. Little did anyone know that their sacred squalor would be the site of the biggest shock in their little construction town.

"Gustav, can you play faster? You're no longer on timing!" Diana exclaimed through the loud ring of lingering guitar strings and playback from Bill's shitty microphone.

Diana was really only there because she was friends with the four of them, she didn't play a single instrument and ears would bleed if she sang. She was almost like a test audience for her friends, the four of them were in a rather popular local band and she was essentially their manager. If being a manager also meant bringing snacks, convincing classmates and friends to attend gigs and patching up instruments with tape and superglue.

Tom grunted when his brother Bill sang off key causing the whole band to flinch and stop playing, Diana covered her ears and sighed. "What's up with you guys today? It's as if you want this to be a shit practice."

She saw the boys deflate a little as they rubbed their temples, already tired from school, band practice usually went off without a hitch after a few tries but today was just completely off.

"Is something wrong guys?" Diana asked, she stood up and stood between Georg and Bill, her arms crossed but more concerned than annoyed.

Tom sighed, his voice heavy with worry, "Didn't you hear? A body was found in the abandoned factory this morning apparently she was a girl in our school but her face was so disfigured no one can really tell who she is yet."

The gruesome news made Diana gasp softly and her eyes widen, her mouth was slightly agape as she processed the horror she heard. A girl, her age, likely from her school was murdered? And at a place she frequented no less, everyone in their town knew everyone, if some random stranger showed up one day people would notice...it couldn't be someone she knew.

With her silence, Georg threw Tom a dirty look and sighed, patting Diana's back, "Don't say that kind of stuff to her you can just say someone died you know she overthinks shit"

Georg was the oldest of the five of them, he was always more mature and understanding than the twins even if it was just by a little. He was who Diana looked up to the most, he was calm, collected and thought with his head a lot, when she was zoned out, either daydreaming or overthinking, he would be there to snap her out of it, to assure her, ground her.

Diana smiled up at Georg in thanks before huffing softly, "I mean, is it even safe to play a show that late so near to a murder site? Who would even show up?" She had spent months convincing the son of the owner of the bar they were playing at that night to give Tokio Hotel a chance.