It's Me or Them

human soulmate au: a person is granted one date per lifetime, and it's completely their choice who to use it on. if a person decides to use it on someone, the other person cannot use their's on the same person again. as much as their have been stable couples, many have broken apart. there's also the option to not use their dream date, and pass it on to their first born child, leaving them with two dreams dates. that is, however, very rare. once their soulmate is found, and they have gone on a dream date, they are marked with a sort of mark (sort of like a tattoo) that are linked some way or another.

-----

"Seriously?!"

Ara sputtered. "W-well what the hell do you expect when you use your dream date on her?! Huh? And then have sex with her in my fucking house?! What the bloody hell is wrong with you? We are literally dating! You fucking cheater!" she shoved Nikolai roughly.

He looked at her with anger in his eyes and tears building up. "I had no fucking choice, Ar-"

Ara screamed. "Yes, you did! You fucking did!" she sobbed. "Stop fucking lying, Nikolai! Stop it!" she took in a breath for a split second. "I know everything that happened, you bastard!"

He looked at a loss for words.

She calmed down a bit and asked, "How long?" she looked him in the eyes with a fiery glare.

He hesitated, which pissed her off a lot.

"Just say the number, you asshole!"

"Two years." he mumbled. It was like everything good she believed in had left her body, leaving her eyes broken and vulnerable.

Tears had found their way back into her eyes. "T-two years?" she croaked. "We've been together for three years. Oh my fucking god," her eyes widened in rage and disbelief. "Three fucking years, and you've been cheating on me for most of it?!" she let out a strangled sob of pain and pulled her hair as she suck to the ground, leaning against their bedroom wall. Nikolai reached out in concern, and she let out a guttural scream in protest at his actions. He backed away quickly.

"I'm so stupid. Everyone warned me- they fucking warned me- and I still went to you! God, I'm so fucking stupid" she broke down into heavy sobs.

"I love her. I've loved her forever." he said, boldly, but quietly.

But she wasn't listening.

"I let you be my first kiss! I let you take my fucking virginity! I fucking trusted you-"

Their door opened with a loud bang, revealing a panting, scared Harry.

"What happened?!" he looked at Nikolai. "I heard someone scre-" his eyes found a broken, sobbing Ara on the ground, hand groping at her hair, tears streaming down her face like a river.

His eyes hardened immediately and he turned to face Nikolai, who looked exhausted and scared.

"What the bloody hell did you do to her?" Harry asked quietly. Nikolai opened his mouth, but closed it right back up, seeming to have no words to say.

Harry's eyes flashed with violence. "I said, what the fuck did you do to Ara, you bloody bastard?!" Without letting him talk, Harry threw a punch straight at his too-perfect jaw.

"Get the fuck out of our house, you fucking cheater." He tried throwing an uppercut, but missed as Nikolai dodged, holding his jaw in pain, and ran out the door like a madman.

Harry was panting and blind with rage, but seemed to remember Ara, who was on the floor, still slightly sobbing/ He rushed to her side and tucked her into his arms as her sobs echoed in his brain.