1.

"Should we get on that?" He asked. I looked at him confused.

"What would that be love?"

"Having a kid." I coughed.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I dunno, everyone has them."

"It's not a trend Regulus!" I laughed out. He chuckled. "Do you want a kid?"

"I think I do."

"I think I do too." A smile slowly took over his face.

A year ago we had that discussion. We'd been married for a whole year and three days. Luna turned three. Harry was two. Lily and James were thinking of having another. Remus and Sirius talked about kids all the time, but didn't know how to get one. Sirius said he would steal one off the street. Remus told him that was illegal and he absolutely would not be doing that. Pandora was content with just Luna. Regulus and I couldn't decide if we could bring a kid into this world after the war, and knowing there could be another.

Today, I woke up next to my beautiful boy in our own flat. I went to work as an Auror after school while Regulus taught Defense Against the Dark Arts at Hogwarts. Ironic, isn't it? Today was no different from the rest.

"Love? Have you seen my-" I walked out of the bathroom holding his tie. He smiled at me before kissing my cheek. "Thank you."

"So forgetful Mr. Potter." I teased, he grabbed my waist and pulled me back to him.

"You're still coming in later, right? For the Patronus lesson?" He asked, I nodded.

"Then I told Minnie I'd help her teach about Animagus next week." I replied as I shimmied out of his grip. He laughed abruptly.

"What will you teach them? Here's how to do it and don't register with the Ministry?" I laughed too as I pulled on my stockings.

"More just what it's like. Y'know, objectively from a third party perspective." He rolled his eyes and walked out of our room I slid on my shoes and followed him to the kitchen. He started the tea while I cut up some fruit.

🗡️🗡️🗡️

"Right, class. This is Mrs. Potter." Regulus introduced me while I leaned on his desk. The class of fourth years looked up at me, bright and bushy tailed. I spotted two students towards the back. Slytherin and Gryffindor robes. The boy pestered her while she stared ahead. She cracked a smile as she tried to focus. The boy grinned and leaned back in his seat.

"Mrs. Potter here will be teaching you about the Patronus charm today. She's much more skilled at it than I could ever be." He joked. A few students chuckled. He was right though, he had a hard time with this charm. I, however, rarely struggled. I had always had happy memories to go off of. My happiest, of course, being the day he returned from hiding. Regulus stared at me to take over.

"Right," I said shaking my head. "I'm Nova Potter, I graduated here just a few years ago."

"Mrs. Potter." Regulus corrected, I rolled my eyes.

"You're their teacher, I'm not. It's Nova, or Potter." A students hand shot up. I pointed to her.

"What is the patronus charm?" She asked. I smiled.

"This is the patronus charm." I grabbed my wand and pointed at the sky. "Expecto Patronum." My little fox bounced around in the air. The students gasped and watched her. I smiled.

"This is Vixen, my patronus. All you have to do is think of your happiest memory. The one that makes your mind light up and the story you love to tell, then just say the words. Who wants to give it a go?" All their hands shot up. I laughed and looked to Reg.

"Form a line." He ordered, they fumbled over each other to try and be first. I looked at the first girl in line.

"Right, you might not get it on your first go. Most people don't. Don't let that get you down." The little girl pointed her wand the same way I did and took a deep breath. "Your happiest memory, love." I watched her square her shoulders, jut out her chin and swallow hard.

"Expecto Patronum." She spoke so clearly it sent shivers down my spine. Her wand emitted little flashes, then hers appeared. A small kitten appeared. I looked over at Reg. He stifled a laugh.

"Very good, darling." I told her as she stepped to the side. I went through each child, helping them cast their patronus, or encouraging them if couldn't get it today. Reg eventually dismissed the class and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Have you ever thought about doing this? They like you." I shook my head.

"That'd be ironic, wouldn't it? I terrorize professors the whole time I'm here just to turn into one of them?" I laughed. He smiled.

"I'm sure Minnie would love to have you back." I let out an abrupt laugh.

"I think she'd rather just see me at the holidays." He shrugged.

"It'd make work pretty fun to get to come here with you every day again." I nodded.

"I'll think about it, I don't even know what I'd teach." I replied fiddling with my sleeve. He shrugged again.

"I hear Minnie wants to give up her Transfiguration post." I looked at him.

"She's said that for years." He just nodded.

"That's just the rumor." I nodded back.

"I'm gonna go find her, actually. I don't have to be back until the fifth years in an hour right?" I asked. He nodded and shooed me off. I skipped out of his classroom and down to Minnie's. I peaked my head in to find her at her desk, looking over a stack of papers. I knocked lightly on the wall.

"Nova! Darling! Come in!" She cheered as she scrambled around her desk to pull me into a hug. I hugged her back tightly.

"I haven't seen you since- well you know." She hung her head low as we pulled out.

"You can say it Minnie. I killed him." I told her with a deep breath. She nodded.

"He was going to kill your brother." She replied, just like she did the night it happened while she held me over Peter's dead body while we sobbed together, just like she told my parents when they told me he was just a boy, just like she did when Regulus had to go into hiding, just like she did at my trial.

"I don't regret what I did. He was a traitor and he had my nephew. " I told her as she brushed the hair out of my face. She nodded.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, dear?" She asked. I smiled at her.

"I'm just here helping Regulus teach the Patronus charm, figured I'd pop in." I replied leaning back against a table.

"Ah yes, have I mentioned how weird it is to hear Mr. Potter in these halls and not have it followed by two weeks detention?" I laughed.

"Have I mentioned how weird it is he's Mr. Potter?" She cracked a smile.

"I always knew it would be you two. After that quidditch match his mother showed up to, you solidified everything." I smiled at the memory of my mother making Walburga Black back down.

"Yeah, I had a feeling." We both paused. "I hear you're retiring?"

"Not retiring. They can't get rid of me that easy."

"Stepping down?"

"As Transfigurations professor, potentially."

"You should ask Remus to take the position." She cocked her head at me.

"I was thinking of asking you."

"Remus knows a fair amount more than I do, professor."

"But then who would I ask to take over potions?" I smiled at her.

"You're really going to let the Marauders run your school?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I was always quite fond of you Marauders."