🌹 Chapter One 🌹

Anastasiya Darlington lounged back in the seat, her gloved fingers tapping onto the steering wheel in a faraway rhythm that she no longer recognised from another country, from another world. Her body was completely relaxed and comfortable in that beautiful car yet her violet eyes were chillingly alert, watching through the rear-view mirror at the transaction being conducted behind the car. Her gaze followed every movement of the two men, the investigator and the pseudo-foreign minister.

In the previous week, a Westalian foreign diplomat had died in a car accident in the country of Ostania. The heads of Westalian Intelligence believed, however, that it had not been such a case – rather, it had been an assassination by the East's far-right political party. And that brought in their best agents back to call – Twilight and Morningstar.

Morningstar was a name that Anastasiya Darlington had donned even longer than she had had this name of hers. At the mere of age of only twenty, Anastasiya had been working with the Westalis Intelligence, WISE, for more than half her life now. It was her sole identity now, and her only reason for existence.

Anastasiya was WISE's longest and most promising investment.

Everything was perfectly crafted since the days of Anastasiya's youth – the way she worked for Ostania's military in place of her father, how she learned the craft of medical care as a critical care nurse assistant during the last years of the war, how she continued their care and lead herself right into medical school, achieving degrees of success far ahead of her seniors. It helped her tremendously – getting right into the circles of diplomats and politicians as a seasoned caregiver.

In the last few months, Anastasiya had been studying further to become a paediatric nurse, hoping to infiltrate into the home of those politicians who were able to brush aside the appeal of a young, preppy blonde nurse caring for their obese, elderly bodies. Anastasiya smiled to herself, knowing that this was exactly what got onto her partner's nerve the most – her using seduction tactics.

But everything had changed since the diplomat had been killed and now Anastasiya had to refocus herself onto a new mission. There was no time to work in a linear manner – there was too much going on and there were too little spies who could handle the cases without appearing suspicious.

"Here's the goods I promised," spoke the investigator as he pulled out the materials from the pocket of his coat. "Proof that the foreign minister wears a toupee. I even have the negatives,"

"Well done," responded the pseudo minister, Edgar. "Now we can force him to resign," He caught the goods from the man. "I look forward to doing business with you again,"

And with that, the pseudo-Edgar turned around to walk to his car, getting into the passenger side and before he had even closed his door, Anastasiya tore the car out of there. She steered the car with one hand, reaching with the other to take evidence from the pseudo-Edgar as he tore off his fake identity to reveal himself.

"We got out of there just in time," commented Anastasiya in a rather easy-going manner. Twilight glanced toward her. "It has been quite some time since we have got to work together, you know!"

"I want you to drop me down the road," Twilight told her, fixing his appearance as he took over his identity as a politician's secretary, Robert. "And handle the rest for me,"

"Yes, yes, it must be time for your date with the ever so precious Karen," Anastasiya said. "I have got plenty of time to spare – I got out on the prospect of attending classes. They want me doing other stuff now,"

"It's for your betterment," Twilight told her. "Anything is better than having you work with your seduction tactics," His blue eyes turned to look at the restaurant coming up the road. "I find them highly uncomfortable and frankly disgusting,"