1.

Kaveh was stubborn. That was Alhaitham's only thought as he pulled the prince out of bed Monday morning.

"You have to go to your lessons!" He shouted as Kaveh kicked him, holding on to the bedposts like his life depended on it.

"5 more minutes!" He screamed back, letting go of the bed for a moment and throwing a pillow at Alhaitham.

"Kaveh, you're 15 minutes late!" He finally succeeded in pulling Kaveh out of bed, who landed on the floor with a thump. "Please. You do this every. single. day." He groans, throwing Kavehs clothes at him. "Get dressed." Alhaitham steps out of the room and waits for Kaveh by the door.

10 minutes later, Kaveh comes out, messing with his hair.

"I can't get it to look right." He frowns. Alhaitham laughs and shakes his head.

"Let me." He brushes Kaveh's hair back with his fingers, lightly fluffing his bangs to the front. "There. You look lovely, now please let's go to your lessons." He starts walking and Kaveh smiles to himself, following after.
**
Kaveh rests his head in his hand, zoning out as Madam Faruzan's voice drones on. He snaps back into focus when a hand slaps the back of his head.

"Pay attention!" Alhaitham hisses, and Kaveh glares back at him, rubbing his head.

"Ow." He huffs, leaning back in his chair and crossing his arms. He flips through his book, pretending to follow along and not-so-subtly glancing back to see if Alhaitham notices. He locks eyes with Alhaitham and chuckles nervously before slowly turning back around.
**
"What'd you learn in Madam Faruzan's class?" Alhaitham asks as Kaveh picks his books up off his desk.

"Uh.." Kaveh murmers, squinting at the board to try and come up with something.

"You weren't paying attention.." He shakes his head, smiling slightly.

"I learned that I should start paying attention?" He offered, walking out of the classroom.

"Good enough." Alhaitham shrugs, following him.

"Can we go to the fields for a while? I don't have another class until two." Kaveh asks.

Alhaitham looks at him for a moment before answering. "..I don't see why not. Lead the way."

Kaveh smiles. "Thank you!!"
**
Kaveh sits down in the grass and Alhaitham lays next to him, covering his eyes with his arm. Kaveh pokes him, making him sit up.

"Here." He places a flower in Alhaithams hand. "Eat this."

"What?"

"Eat the flower. Trust me?" Kaveh says, holding up a flower of his own. He puts the flower in his mouth and looks at Alhaitham, who has a shocked expression on his face. Kaveh offers a smile and Alhaitham reluctantly eats his own flower. He sticks his tongue out.

"You okay?" Kaveh laughs.

"It's bitter." Alhaitham shakes his head, and Kaveh hands him his pocket handkerchief, giggling. Alhaitham spits the flower out in the grass and wipes his mouth with the handkerchief. "Was yours not?"

Kaveh shakes his head, smiling. "Mine was sweet. You ate a carnation, which is why it tasted bitter."

"What did you eat?" Alhaitham asks, handing him back the handkerchief.

"A lilac. Bitter flower for you, because you're bitter." He points to Alhaitham. "Sweet flower for me because I'm sweet." He points to himself, grinning.

"Let me try a lilac." Alhaitham holds his hand out and Kaveh gives him a lilac. He places the flower on his tongue and closes his mouth, letting the flower slowly dissolve. He nods, smiling. "I like that one."

They make eye contact and Kaveh's eyes flick between Alhaitham's eyes and lips. Alhaitham clears his throat and stands up, brushing off his pants.

"We should probably get back." He offers his hand to Kaveh, who takes it. He follows Kaveh back to the castle, sneaking a look into a mirror as he passes to make sure his face isn't red.

Another guard stops Kaveh in the hall. "Sir, your parents would like to meet you in the dining hall." Kaveh nods and looks back at Alhaitham.

"I guess we're skipping a few more classes!" Kaveh smiles, heading off in a different direction.

"Wait- more? You said you didn't have any!" Alhaitham runs after Kaveh, who giggles.
**
Alhaitham greets Kaveh's parents with a small bow before standing behind Kaveh's chair.

"Stop lurking and sit down." Kaveh whispers, pulling out the chair next to him.

"No, I-"

"Its alright, you can sit." The queen smiles, crossing her hands on the table in front of her. Alhaitham sits down next to Kaveh, his back straight against it in contrast to Kaveh's slouching.

"Soooo, mother, what's up?" Kaveh asks, fidgeting with his hands.

"Be proper son." His father says, and Kaveh immediately straightens his back and puts his hands under the table, clearing his throat.

"We just wanted to talk to you about possoibly going to a nearby school." His mother begins. Alhaitham glances over at Kaveh, who frowns. "Of course, Alhaitham would accompany you to ensure your saftey." A smile returns to Kaveh's face and he nods.

"Sounds fun!" He looks at Alhaitham.

"I don't see why not." He nods slightly. Kaveh grins, which makes Alhaitham smile slightly.

"You'll leave this afternoon, so please go back to your room and prepare a bag" His father says. "Now. Hurry along. " He waves his hand at Kaveh, dismissing him quickly. Kaveh gets up quietly and leaves, Alhaitham trailing behind.