Setting off for a new Experience

Harlem Spider-Man sighs frustratedly as he stares at the spot where Gwen had just walked through a portal leading her back home.  His head turns to watch the sunset as his mind begins to wander. 'So, Gwen does Ballet. What kind of benefits does that kind of experience give her?' His mind begins to flit back to their fights, and now that he's looking back on it. Gwen moves with an awe inspiring grace that he doesn't think he could replicate easily. A thought strikes him like the fire hydrant he got hit with the other day.

    'If I were to sign up for Ballet, I could do what she does. Maybe we could dance to-'  He shakes the rest of that thought from his head as a light blush starts to rise to his cheeks. Standing up Miles stretches a little before launching himself off the building he was on before thwipping away into the evening.

   With the stealth of a spider and clumsy was of a teenager, he slides into his room and barely manages to keep from making a racket. With a sigh of relief Miles switches into some comfier clothes for the night. Sitting down, Miles steels himself for the tedious research ahead of him.
  Flipping open his laptop, Miles types in 'Ballet Lessons'.  The results he gets are not favorable, all the locations are in the more expensive parts of NewYork. With a sigh he tries again, 'Ballet Lessons Near Me'.  This is a bust as well and he tries again. 'Ballet Lessons in Harlem NewYork'.

   With a grin, he finds something that close, teaches what he's looking for, and cheap. An old theater sitting right in the middle between 5th Av an E 123 st and E 123st and Ortiz Av. (AN: This is actually in the game Miles Morales, a picture of the map will be at the bottom. There is no actual theater, but there is a group of food trucks and stands there, but pretend there's a theater)

   With some careful word consideration, he applies for it and vows to ask him mom about signing up for it. The classic excuse 'to impress a girl' comes to mind. Which it isn't really an excuse for him. With the form filled out he puts his laptop into sleep mode as he makes his way to bed.

  Morning arrives and Miles is very pleased that it's a Saturday. Making his way into the kitchen the smell of sautéed vegetables reach his nose. "Mmm, Smells like loaded Omelette. Is that whats for breakfast Mama?"

  The curly headed woman smiles at him before returning to cooking. "Sí, Loaded Omelettes. How did you sleep mi hijo?"

"I slept pretty good, though I do have a question for you?" Miles rubs the back of his neck nervously as she hums at him to continue.
   "So, there's this girl I like a-and she does ballet. Like she's really good at it, and I..." he takes a moment to compose himself before finishing the question. "I would like to start taking Ballet lessons so I can impress her and have something in common to talk about. I've already found a place close by that's pretty cheap and they're actively looking for people to join".

   Rio Morales raises an eyebrow as she looks over at her boy with a smirk, but Miles looks nervous and unsure. "Before I say anything about lesions,  tell me about this girl you fancy so much that you want to go through lessons just to impress her, mi hijo".

   Miles is silent for a couple moments before he replies "W-Well, she's blond and has really pretty blue eyes, slim too. She's funny, likes my music too! And when she dances, like woah mom! She moves with the grace of a feather, I swear!"

  Rio is grinning at this point as she slides Miles' omelette onto a plate and handing it to him as sue begins working on her own. "She must be really somethin if she's getting you this excited just talking about her. What's her name?"

   Miles is unprepared by the question as he stuffs a bite of omelette into his mouth. He waits till he's done chewing before he speaks. "Her name is Gwen Stacy. She's out of town at the moment and so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try and learn something to impress her". He's rubbing at the back of his neck again.

   Rio hums softly. "Alright, then. I'm happy to see you pursuing someone Miles. Now as for the ballet lessons, we can do that" Miles does and air pump, but freezes. "But" "But?"  "But you have to keep your grades up, understood?"

   Miles beams, more than confident to be able to fulfill that. As long as he does the homework and makes sure he can get fence on the tests, he'll be good. "Sí Mama, I can do that! I can go get the form if you want to finish it now".

  His mom chuckles "Mi hijo, you're too excited, it can wait till after breakfast". Miles nods and the two happily sit quietly as they eat.

{WordCount: 914}

  AN: I'll try to keep these chapters short and sweet. If you look at my other stories you can see that I tend to go into detail.  I now also get to do research on ballet for this fic *sighs* Oh well, I did volunteer for it.

  I now also get to do research on ballet for this fic *sighs* Oh well, I did volunteer for it