Whispers

The scream of Andromeda Tonks, Rivens aunt, was her queue to get up for school. Riven going into her third year of Hogwarts a school for Wizards and Witch's. My cousin Nymphadora or Tonks graduated last year. She was still asleep in her bed, I quietly got my things to head to the King Cross station to board the Hogwarts express.  I should tell you somethings before I continue my story, my father was falsely accused of killing his best friend and wife 12 years ago, I know he didn't do it but he was taken to Azkaban. My Aunt who was also removed from the black family tree because she married a muggle took me in and raised me. I honestly wouldn't want it any other way. I was going to be forced to live with my other aunt but her husband refused to have a bloodtraitor in his home.

I appeared in the kitchen of the house,scaring my aunt a bit " Goodness Riven" she said placing her hand on her chest, " Sorry Aunt Andy " I said, I call my aunt Andy as it's a good short version of her name and my uncle calls her that too. I sat at the dining table at the plate that my aunt made;  sausage, eggs, toast with jam, and some melon, with pumpkin juice. The breakfast my aunt made Nym and I since she started Hogwarts. It's like a tradition for the first day of school. I ate my food and cleaned my plate off, " You ready to go sweetie" My Uncle asked as he read his morning paper. I smiled and we head out the door.

I arrived with my Aunt and Uncle giving them hugs and goodbyes. I walked the platform till I got between 9 and 10 and ran through the wall to platform 9 3/4th. I unloaded my cart with my trunk and my owl Creek and on to the train to find a compartment. I found and empty one and settled in, I had my bag with some books to keep me entertained on the ride. I heard people talking and knew my friends were finally here.

" No Lee that is not how a girl kisses" I heard the beautiful voice of my friend Angelina say to Lee our other friend. They entered the compartment. " Of course you are already here and settled Riv" Lee spoke as he sat across from me. '' Better to be early than Late Lee" I said smiling at him. Soon the loudest of our friend group arrived the Twins. 

" Morning ladies and Lee" George said as he sat next to me, and Fred sat next to him. " Where is Alicia?" Fred asked. We all shrugged knowing she was probably hanging with with Roger Davies, who she spent most of summer with.

We all talked about our summers and chatted about other stuff as we rode the train to school.  I had to use the bathroom so Angelina and I went together, I know cliche for us to go together. As we were walking to the lavatory cart, we heard some others whispering about a first year named Harry Potter. I knew the last name Potter fairly well as my Aunt told me stories of my dad and James Potter. I also read the headlines of the boy who lived.  " Are you okay Riv?" Angelina asked as my face changed to a sad face thinking about the situation. Soon others realized I was there and started whispering about my dad. I used the lavatory and left quickly back to our compartment.

I sat in my seat and just looked out the window. After 12 years the whole thing  with my dad , killing James and Lily, still haunts me. I was three when he was arrested and I knew he didn't do it but the ministry believed a diffrent story. I have had whispers about me my whole life, but knowing the kid that lost his parents because of what my dad supposedly did now will attend the school makes me feel different. 

The train ride was quiet ,well I really just tuned out the sounds of everyone. We arrived and boarded the carriages  to the castle. The sorting ceremony began and a lot of students were placed in Gryffindor. I listened as soon has McGonagall said Harry Potter, the whole hall did. It seemed to take forever for the hat to decided but he was sorted into Gryffindor along with Ron the twins younger brother.

They both joined us at the table and I made eye contact with Harry.

" Hiya Harry, my name is Riven,it's nice to me you and welcome to Gryffindor " I said not really noticing I was speaking till I finished.