001

"I WISH THINGS WERE DIFFERENT, THATS ALL

"I WISH THINGS WERE DIFFERENT, THATS ALL."

"Hi, welcome to Sparkys, can I take your order?" Ciara smiled at the people sitting at the table. They smiled back, "Hi, yes, may I get the breakfast special." One woman at the table spoke, Ciara nodded as she wrote down the order, waiting for the rest of the group.

After Ciara took everyone's orders, she went into the kitchen to put the paper where the chefs can see it. "Hey, Ci." A cashier called, Ciara walked out of the kitchen and by the cashier. "Phone." She gently handed Ciara the phone, Ciara took it, "Hello?" She called. The person on the other end sighed, "Hey Ciara." It was Mike. She smiled.

"Hi Mike, what's up?" She asked, "Could you watch Abs tonight? Max is busy." He pleads, Ciara smiled, she loved watching Abby. "Yeah, I can do that. What time do you need me to be there?" You asked. He paused for a moment, trying to think. "Uh, maybe like 4? I have to find another job." He suggested with a sigh, Ciara nodded. "Okay, I'll be there." She smiled before hanging up.

Ciara would usually babysit Abby when Max couldn't. Abby liked Ciara more and it was obvious.

"Ci!" Abby jumped into Ciara's arms as she entered their home, "Hi Abs!" Ciara lightly squeezed the girl with a smile on her face. "Come look at my drawings!" Abby dragged Ciara to her room, ignoring Mikes calls telling her to stop.

The two girls entered the room and Abby began describing her drawings. "These are my friends." She pointed to a picture with 5 kids all holding hands. Ciara admired her art. "And here's grumpy Mike." Abby pointed to another drawing, Ciara couldn't hold her laugh in which caused Abby to laugh too.

"Ha ha, very funny." Mike entered the room, Abby covered her mouth in shock, Mike and Ciara smiled. "I have to go, Abs, don't give Ciara a hard time." Mike spoke with his little sister while Ciara sat on the bed, the little girl nodded as she started another drawing. Mike shared a look with Ciara before exiting the room.

"You said you had a job interview?" Ciara questioned, following Mike into his room. "It's a long story." He sighed, Ciara could tell it had been a long morning for him so she just nodded before turning to her heels to walk out of Mikes bedroom. "Wait, Ci." Mike called, she stopped to turn to Mike, "Yes?" She peeped her head through the doorway. "Could you help me with my tie?" He asked, the girl smiled before going to help the boy.

Once Mike had left, Abby joined Ciara in the living room. "Hey Abs." Ciara smiled at the girl, "Hi Ci." Abby smiled back, sitting down in front of the couch Ciara sat on and coloring on the table. "You hungry?" Ciara asked, "No." She shook her head, "Mike left some TV dinners in the refrigerator in case we get hungry, though." She informed, still coloring.

"What you working on?" Ciara sat on the floor with Abby, "Drawing Mike with my friends." She said innocently, Ciara smiled. "I'm going to add you too." Abby looked up at Ciara, "That's really nice of you Abs." Ciara smiled. Abby looked down onto a necklace that rested on Ciara's chest.

"What does 'J' stand for?" She asked, looking back up at Ciara. Ciara touched her necklace out of habit. "It's my brother's initial." Ciara tried to put on a smile, "You have a brother? How old is he? Can I meet him?" Abby bombards Ciara with questions.

"I wish you could have met him." Ciara sighed, "He's not with us anymore." She says, trying to keep it together. "Want me to draw him?" Abby suggests with a smile on her face, Ciara nods, "I would really appreciate that Abs." Abby smiles, running to her room to grab another paper. "Okay, can you describe what he looked like?" Ciara begins explaining what her beautiful baby brother looked like, something that Abby had said afterward had Ciara thinking endlessly.

"He looks like my friend."

It was a little after 5PM when Mike arrived home. Ciara was warming up the food Mike left for them before he left and Abby was in her room drawing.

"Hey." Ciara smiled from the kitchen, "Hey." Mike nodded his head, taking his shoes and tie off, "Did Abby eat?" He asks, walking toward the kitchen, Ciara shook her head. "She claimed she wasn't hungry but I'm warming up the food just in case." She said, Mike nods before walking to Abby's room.

After a few minutes, Mike enters the living room. "You hungry?" Ciara asks, "I could eat." He stands up from the couch then sits on a chair at the kitchen table. Ciara brings the food to him, "Careful, it's hot." She warns, he looks up at her with a slight smile but she's too busy to notice. Ciara grabs her plate after wrapping Abby's one up and sits at the table with Mike.

"So... how did job-finding go?" Ciara starts a conversation, Mike swallows his food before responding, "There's one job that they have: it's a security job." He said, Ciara nodded, "But I would only have to work during the night, until 6 AM." He sighs, "How's the pay?" Ciara asks. "Not good." Mike replies.

"I can watch Abby when you need me too." Ciara suggests, wanting to help as much as she could, "I appreciate that Ci." Mike looks up at her. She nods. "Just give me a call." She smiles.

Hi guys, going through another era

Hi guys, going through another era... ignore 😭