Lunch

A/N: Hi! I apologize for any errors and overall mistakes that are in this fic, it is currently 2 AM and my brain is not working. I would also like to mention that Bradley is barely in this but it's important to know he's like the age of 8. I also tried a new writing style, feedback/constructive criticism is welcome!

I hope you enjoy ╭( ・ㅂ・)و

Edit: I made this around April of 2023, I just forgot to post it here 

The fridge door hinges made an unpleasant but recognizable noise when opened. Maverick's eyes scanned the shelves of the fridge for the thin paper bag with his name written in a black Sharpie. He crouched down to get a better look inside, and after a few seconds of searching, he clutched a brown wrinkled bag. Maverick stood up and closed the fridge, the cry of the fridge only slightly noticeable.

After walking a few steps, he flopped on the couch; he Sank into the slightly uncomfortable couch of the Instructor lounge, the cushion caving into where he sat. Maverick placed the bag between his legs and pulled out a plastic bag. Placing the corrugated bag by his side, the bag slumped as it was placed on precarious cushions. As the plastic was being opened, he heard the familiar noise of the lounge door opening, and four sounds of footsteps soon followed suit.

He heard murmurs from the two, soon identifying Slider and Iceman's distinct laughter and goodbyes. Maverick forgot to make his and Bradley's lunch yesterday, he ended up panicking the next morning and just made Bradley's lunch and Mav got whatever was left. Carole's passing only happened a few months ago, he's been juggling a 'few' problems he had yet to face and or take care of.

He heard footsteps approaching him, Mav looked up and pulled himself out of his unorganized thoughts. Ice has been going easy on him lately, which Maverick doesn't find necessary. He doesn't take too kindly to being pitied.

"Not bad flying out there today, Mav." Ice tried starting up a conversation while collapsing on the couch, making it bounce slightly.

Ice's face was slightly tilted his way.

"I could say the same for you," he replied back, fishing out a chicken nugget he forgot he packed (the only thing he packed besides a small water bottle).

Maverick heard snickers from beside him. Confused, he looked over to see a small yet cute smile on Iceman's face; his slender fingers barely grazed his perfect face.

"What the hell are you laughing at?" Mav asked, in a more confused tone than intended.

Ice's snicker quieted for a couple of moments, but was still lingered was his beautiful smile.

"Nothing, I just never expected you to ever like chicken nuggets," Ice pointed down to the bag in Maverick's hand.

"I'm full of surprises!" He said while taking a bite of his food.

There were a few dry moments of silence, till Maverick spoke up again.
"Shouldn't you be eating as well, Ice?" He asked while handing a piece of food over.

Ice's smile grew slightly wider, his cheeks becoming a nice shade of pink, and let out a quiet bit of laughter.

"Thank you, Pete."

Word Count: 459 words

I hope you all enjoyed this short story!