Unexpected Love - Jegulas oneshot

Regulus Black had always followed his family's expectations of him, never daring to step out of line. That is, until he met James Potter. They met in their first year at Hogwarts and quickly became friends, though Regulus soon realized he wanted more. But the idea of being with another boy was unheard of in his pureblood family, and Regulus was torn between his feelings and his family's expectations.

James, on the other hand, had no qualms about his attraction to Regulus. He knew it was wrong in the eyes of society, but he couldn't help how he felt. He saw something in Regulus that no one else seemed to notice - a kind soul hidden behind his cold demeanor.

It took until their seventh year for Regulus to finally act on his feelings. He couldn't resist James' charm any longer, and they found themselves in a secret relationship. It was all they could do, given the prejudice and bigotry surrounding them.

One day, they were caught by Bellatrix, Regulus' cousin. She was outraged, not just because they were two boys, but because it was James Potter.

"You're a Black, Regulus!" Bellatrix screamed. "You're supposed to marry a pureblood girl and carry on the family legacy. Not defile our name with a bloody Potter!"

Regulus didn't know how to respond. He was torn between his love for James and his loyalty to his family. But James didn't give up on him.

"You can't control who you love, Reg," James said, taking Regulus' hand. "You have to do what makes you happy."

And that's when Regulus realized that his happiness was with James, not with his family's expectations. He took a deep breath and stood up straight.

"You're right, James," he said firmly. "I love you, and I won't let anyone tell me that's wrong."

Their relationship wasn't easy. They faced judgment and condemnation from those around them, including Regulus' family. But they had each other, and they were determined to make it work.

In the end, Regulus found that his love for James was worth more than his family's expectations, and he was grateful for the unexpected love that had come into his life.