1.Reassurance

This is something I thought of in the two week break we had after that argument episode. How I had predicted the conflict would resolve. Not taking anything away from the original drama writer. I love her writing and how the story has progressed. Enjoy the os. This is my first time writing so I admit its not the best. Feedback is welcome 🌺🌺
      .......................
Farjaad was awake before his alarm rang. The clock read 6:45 a.m. His restlessness hadn't let him sleep for more than 3 hours. Running a hand over his face, he turned his head to see his wife, asleep, her breathing even. Her hair splayed over the pillow. She looked at peace now, though Farjaad had observed her tossing and turning and occasionally murmuring something in her sleep all night long. A fresh wave of guilt washed over him. He had been too harsh with her last night. He had blown a simple mistake of hers out of proportion. He silently cursed himself for refusing to hear her out last night. How could he have ever doubted her intentions. She would never wish harm on anyone, let alone her own family. He had noticed all those efforts she had been making in these past few weeks, to gel into this family. How his mom had been dismissive of her but she still persisted in trying to win her over. And even after all of this, he assumed the worst of her.

Groaning internally at his own stupidity and anger management issues, he got out of bed. He had to make this right. He couldn't leave for work without having made up with her. Making his way to the kitchen, he hoped that waking his wife up this early to apologize would be a good idea.

He entered the room quietly, balancing a tray with two teacups and a thermos in one hand and using the other to shut the door behind him. From where he was standing he could see Umeed, still sleeping, facing the other way. A small smile made its way to his face, as always happened whenever he saw his wife. She looked ethereal in her turquoise nightdress. If he hadn't acted like such a hothead last night, he might have been able to enjoy this look better, he berated himself again. Slowly making his way to the bed, he put the tray down on the nightstand. Now, he had to wake Umeed up.

Taking a deep breath, he shook her shoulder gently, softly calling out her name. She stirred slightly, her eyes still closed. This time he called out her name a little louder.

"Umeed. Uth jao. 7 baj gaye hain."
"Farjaad mein ne aaj walk par nhi jana. Sonay dein na."

He was surprised of how her tone was devoid of the anger he expected there to be. That was until he realized this was her standard response to him everyday when he tried to wake her up. Which meant she was still asleep.

"Acha Umeed, nahi jaen ge aaj walk par. Uth kar tou betho."

This got her attention. She turned her head in his direction, a look of surprise on her face at his reply. He smiled and the memory of last nights events came rushing back to her. A look of indignation came across her face as she buried her head in her pillow again.

"Umeed uth jao please. Mujhay tum se baat karni hai", he pleaded.
"Mujhay aap se koi baat nhi karni", came her muffled voice.
"Theek hai. Baat mein karun ga. Tum bas sunna."
"Aap ne meri baat suni thi raat ko", she retorted. Farjaad sighed.
"Uss keliyay hi tou sorry karnay laga  hoon. Aur tum ne hi pehlay kaha tha na ke har larai ke baad jab mein sorry karun ga tou tum foran se maan jao gi. Abb kam az kam sorry sun tou lo."

She looked at him, contemplating whether she should sacrifice her sleep for this. He pointed to the tray,

"Dekho, mein chai bhi le kar aaya hoon"

Well, he had made an effort. She sat up, an annoyed look on her face.
"Ji farmaiye"

"I'm sorry, Umeed."
"Itna tou mujhay pata chal hi gaya hai", she rolled her eyes.

"Jab raat ko mein ne wo kitabein dekhi theen, tou mujhay yaqeen nhi araha tha ke tum aesa kar sakti ho", he continued.

"Lekin phir bhi aap ne meray baray mein aesa hi socha", she interrupted.

"Mein maa ke achanak blood pressure shoot karnay ki wajah se pareshan ho gaya tha. Mein maa ko le kar kafi protective, balke over protective ho jata hoon."

She looked straight into his eyes,
"Aap ko lagta hai, ke mein kabhi jaan kar aap ko ya maa ko nuqsan phncha sakti hoon?"

"Nahi. Tum aesa nahi kar sakti. Lekin jaldbaazi ya phir na samjhi mein aksar aesay kaam kar deti ho jis se dusron ko nuqsan ho, even though tumhari niyat achi hoti hai."

Umeed looked down at her hands in her lap. Before Farjaad could continue, she spoke in a low voice,
"Mein janti hoon ke aap chahtay hain mein mature ho jaon. Serious ho jaon aur ye bachgana harkatein na karun.Lekin mein kya karun. Mein aesi hoon. Immature. Childish. Silly. Mein ne aap ko pehlay bhi kaha tha na, ke mujhay badalnay mein waqt lagay ga. Mein koshish tou krti hoon lekin...."

His heart physically pained at the broken look on her face. This is not what he meant, not what he wanted.
He quickly took her hands in his, cutting her off,
"Nahi Umeed. Mein nahi chahta ke tum bilkul apnay aap ko badal do. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Meri zindagi ki ronaq ho tum. Tumhari zindadilli tumhein Umeed banati hai. I'm sorry that I ever made you feel like you have to change yourself for me. Tum jaisi ho waisi hi mujhay pasand ho."

Her face was still forlorn, her eyes asking for more reassurance. A lone tear had escaped them during the brief moment she had thought she might never be good enough for him. Farjaad reached forward, wiping it away, caressing her cheek.
"I love you for however you are. Haan, jo bhi kiya karo thora soch samajh ke. Jaldbaazi mat kiya karo. Baqi meri seriousness kafi hai hum donon keliyay."
This elicited a small laugh from her. Farjaad rejoiced at the sound.

"Aap ka ghussa bhi kafi hai hum donon keliyay. Meri jaan hi nikal detay hain aap tou. Phir baat bhi sunnay ko tyaar nhi hotay", she remarked in a vexed tone, though the soft look on her face told him he had been pretty much forgiven.

"Aap apnay office mein logon par ghussa karein wo alag baat hai. Lekin apni biwi ka kuch tou lihaaz kiya karein. Nazuk sa dil hai mera."

He knew his anger was something he had to work on, but couldn't help laughing at her sulky expression.

"Theek hai begum sahiba, ainda khyaal karun ga. Dobara shikayat ka mauqa nhi doon ga. Abb btayen, aap ne mujhay maaf kiya?", he asked, eyebrows raised expectantly.

She kissed the tip of his nose in response, placing her head on chest, snuggling into him. They both lay there for a few minutes, breathing in each other's scent, before Umeed remembered something.
"Aap ne aaj walk par nhi jana?"
"Nahi. Roz tum meray sath time spend karnay keliyay meri sath walk par jati ho. Aaj mein tumharay sath time spend karnay keliyay ghar reh leta hoon."
The grin on Umeed's face was enough to assure him that he made the right decision.
"Acha tum meray liyay raat ko gifts laayi thi. Dikhao gi nahi?"
"Abhi dikhati hoon", she got up excitedly, running to the closet to get the bag of gifts.
As she rummaged through the closet, he couldn't help but shake his head at how foolish he was for thinking a few weeks ago that she didn't love him enough. She was molding herself to fit into his life. She was ready to change herself completely for him, erase her personality for him. He would never want that, but now he knew better than to doubt her love.

He poured her a cup of chai, which she sipped on as she showed him the gifts, explaining the thought process behind each of them; a hunter green tie ("Jab mein ne ye dekha tou mein ne socha 'This is Farjaad's color'. Bohat acha lage ga aap par"), a two-in-one table clock with a photo frame for his office desk ("Mein ne dekha aap ke desk par koi tasveer nhi hai. Abb aap iss mein koi family photo laga lejiyega. Phir aap apni donon favourite cheezein sath dekh saktay hain. Time aur mein.") and a hand held electronic neck massager ("Laptop ka peecha nhi chortay phir har waqt gardan le kar beithay rehtay hain.")
He saw her face shine with elation as he thanked her for them and complimented her choice.
"Lekin 1 cheez hai jo reh gai", he leant back on the headboard.
She looked at him,confused.
"I didn't get a good night kiss. I deserve a good morning one", a smirk on his face.
She sat on the bed, pulled him towards her by his collar and pecked his lips. He frowned at the lack of enthusiasm but her face told there was more to come.
"Aap aaj walk par nhi gaye lekin koi baat nahi. Aap ki cardio yahan iss kamray mein bhi ho sakti hai", she drawled, running her fingers through his hair.
"Acha. Wo kesay?", he feigned innocence.
"I know a way", she giggled before pushing him down into the pillows.

Yeah. Staying home was the right decision.