𝗖 𝗵 𝗮 𝗽 𝘁 𝗲 𝗿 ³¹

★・・・・・・★

★・・・・・・★

┌─── ∘°❉°∘ ───┐
Author's POV
└─── °∘❉∘° ───┘

A bullet grazed through Ashley's skin, creating a wound in her waist that made her immediately fall to the ground, clutching the injury and whimpering in pain.

"Ashley!"

Jungkook's voice rang out as he saw his wife bloodied and in pain. His eyes filled with tears; a man who never cried for anyone was shedding tears for his woman, his bride, the mafia's Chubby bride.

"J-jngkook," she stammered in pain.

"I am here, Ashley. I am here. Nothing is going to happen to you. I will fucking kill them who tried to harm you," he gritted his teeth.

"J-Jungkook, I love you," she whispered before fainting in his arms. "No, no," he chanted and dialed a number on his phone.

"Max, here. Right now," he demanded.

In two minutes, Max arrived, and they made their way to the car. Ashley rested in the car with blood flowing from her waist. "Drive fast, goddamn it," he said, his eyes red with anger and pain.

The woman he adored, the woman he admired, the woman he loved, lay on his lap with blood staining her waist.

Love.

He blamed himself for not realizing this sooner. Her words still echoed in his ears. He couldn't believe she loved him with all his flaws and problems. And him, he considered himself a bastard who hadn't realized his feelings yet when his chubby bride got shot.

"I will not let you go anywhere, Ashley. You are mine, and you don't have the right to leave me, even if I have to fight with God for it." He hugged the unconscious figure and cried out.

They reached the hospital, and Ashley was admitted. The doctor stated that she needed surgery.

"Do whatever the fuck you want, just make her wake up," he grabbed the collar of the surgeon.

"Y-yes, sir," the poor doctor stammered.

He ruffled his hair, making it messy, and covered his face with both palms as he sat on the nearby chair.

That's when his phone rang. He pulled it out and looked at it.

Ju was calling.

What would he tell him? That he couldn't protect his mama or that his mama was in the operating room undergoing surgery for a gunshot wound?