To The Moon And To Saturn

Deku smiled softly as he watched his baby sleep in her bassinet, she was so small, the size of a cordless drill. She was about a week old, this was the first time he had been able to look at her without crying. He just, never thought he could be this happy. When his twins had been born, he had been so busy running he hadn't gotten to enjoy it. They had been nearly a month old the first time he held them in his arms, but with Himiko he had gotten to be there the whole time. He had gotten to watch Ochaco's belly swell, and feel his daughter's little kicks. It was bittersweet, seeing her so small, it broke his heart knowing that Yue and Katsumi had been this small too, he just hadn't gotten to see it. Deku stood up straighter, getting the feeling he was being watched, he lifted Himiko up into his arms with a frown.

"Show yourself." nothing, Deku smirked, "You should know, if you weigh more than my four year olds, you're almost certainly about two steps away from losing your head." Deku heard the sounds of sobbing, and his smirk was replaced with concern.

"Oh! Oh no! Yue! Sweetie, come here, all of daddy's things are designed not to hurt any of my girls."

"Am I one of your girls?"

Deku's heart broke "of course you are. You're my daughter. Come here." he set Himiko back down in her bassinet and knelt down as he waited for his child to come hug him.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't want to lose my head."

Deku frowned, he felt awful. "Yue.. sweetie, nothing bad is going to happen to you, this is your home. All of my things are programmed not to hurt anyone who lives here."

She stayed where she was, Deku sighed "I'm going to get you."
She screamed, and he felt tears coming to his eyes, his own child was scared of him. "Sweetie, please, I'm going to come save you."

"O-okay." She whimpered

Deku nodded, grabbing her, she grabbed him hard, and he winced.

"Wow you're strong."
"I'm scared."

Deku sighed, "No need for that, all of the things in this house are here to protect you and your sisters, and your mom." he kissed her forehead.

"Mommy and Katsumi don't need protection, they have quirks."

Deku sighed, "Do I need protection? I don't have a quirk."He seemed to be the most competent at protecting himself, though he supposed that was probably due to years on his own, Ochaco had always been part of a team, and with her heart issues.

"You have a quirk, you control machines."

"That's not a quirk. That's a skill. Anyone can learn to do that." he sighed, in fact that gave him an idea. With Katsumi's quirk coming in, and Yue still waiting, Deku was beginning to worry that Yue wouldn't get one. He knew that heartbreak, and he wanted to try to counteract it. The question was, would finding out he was quirkless, just like her, make her feel worse, or better? He supposed he had let it slip now.

"Do you want to learn how?"

The four year old nodded, with a big smile which made Deku smile back. Five years ago, he never would have dreamed he would get to show a child of his own how to make.. What could he make with a four year old? He sighed, looking at his daughter with a soft smile. He could show her how to talk to their security system, teach her how to play with some of his machines, and they could build things later. Couldn't teach a four year old how to make a bomb, but she was going to be five in nine months. He supposed, five may be a bit young too, maybe they could build a computer, or a gaming console or something, a robot that did something mundane, like said good morning to her every morning. Yeah. This could be really, really good, he was bonding with her. She wasn't going to be afraid of him anymore. He hugged her tight, taking her out of the nursery and smiling when he saw his wife.