31

31 - Ambushed At The Gates

HADEN

     The sensation was unlike anything I had ever experienced, an electrifying surge that set every nerve on fire. It was as if my entire body had been set on fire, a fiery current pulsating through every fibre of my being. My breathing altered and I couldn't control the groan of pleasure that left my lips.

I found myself lost in this wave, caught between the realms of ecstasy and the unknown, and I didn't want to resurface. We were playing with fire, engulfed in it, buried in it, and we didn't want to let go. My arms tightened around her waist as my canines dug deeper into the crook of her neck, both of us not willing to lose the connection. A bond deeper than blood was forming between us, a bridge so strong that the fires of hell couldn't burn down, and I knew then that there was nothing I wouldn't do for her. She was a part of the pack, their Luna, but she was mine. Her fingers curled in my hair and a growl of approval rumbled in my chest, simply basking in the feeling of desire that sizzled through me.

Rectuctantly, my teeth unhinged from her neck, licking the faint wound with my tongue and leaving a trail of kisses from her shoulder to her cheek, pausing when I got to her lips. I lingered there for a second, brushing my lips against hers before I pulled back and looked at her with a smirk.

"Mine," I growled softly, pulling her closer to me.

She rolled her eyes before she said, "I am not some form of property for you to claim, Mr. Pierce."

My smirk widened at the sound of that. "Oh, I kind of like that. Say it again."

She breathed a chuckle and shook her head, pushing me away but I didn't budge. Our eyes locked, the air around us suffocating with lust. Unable to resist the magnetic pull, our lips crashed together in a fight for dominance. This kiss was different. It was as if I could feel everything she felt; the passion, the need, the desire.

She wasn't just some rogue anymore, she was my mate, and my wolf was ecstatic at the connection between us. I couldn't help the satisfying moment of peace I felt, ignoring all the bullshit from my past and just focusing on one thing. This moment. In this moment, the Rogue King didn't exist. In this moment, I wasn't called upon to be Alpha at seventeen.

In this moment, only she existed, and nothing else mattered.

I pushed her forward, not willing to pull my lips away from hers until we hit the wall behind her. My ears picked up on her faint moan and the scent of her desire was driving me insane. My hands slipped under her T-shirt and caressed her skin, cupping her breasts and relishing in the sounds of her moans getting louder. I was about to rip the shirt to shreds when my office door busted open.

"Haden, we – woah," James' voice pulled us apart and I cursed at the interruption as he continued, "Getting pretty cozy in here, aren't we?"

"Something we can help you with?" I snapped pulling my hands away from her.

"It's Redwoods," he said, looking directly at me, and we shared a look, "Bryon and his pack are under attack from the Rogue King."

Reality came crashing down like a tidal wave. My words got caught in my throat and I backed away from Zara and leaned against my desk, my mind racing as I processed the news. Thoughts of the recent altercation with Bryon flashed through my mind, and I felt a pang of regret followed by a slight panic. The Rogue King wouldn't stop until the Redwood territory was his for the taking, and they shared the Eastern borders with us. Whatever happened between us seemed insignificant when we were both against the same enemy.