Prologue

It was a cloudy night on Moon Island. The air was heavy and sickly, announcing the arrival of a storm. All the dinosaurs living on the island were sleeping soundly in their hiding places, and not a single sound broke through the silence of the night. Hidden under a large palm frond was Alpha's tiny cave. It was a female velociraptor, with navy blue scales that faded to white on the lower abdomen, as well as on the inside of the arms and the back of the thighs. There was a yellow scar in the shape of a quarter of a moon next to her eye. She was the only one awake, something was bothering her, but she couldn't tell what it was. She yawned and stuck her head outside to get some fresh air, leaving her three eggs behind. She stared at the sky as a light easterly wind blew in and gently pushed the clouds away. At this moment, Alpha's pupils narrowed to narrow lines. The moon was red. She screamed wailingly and then retreated to her nest. All her eggs lay peacefully while she was gone. Alpha looked at her unhatched babies for a moment. Just as she was about to breathe a sigh of relief, one of the eggs moved and began to crack. The alpha screamed loudly again. It's still way too early for them to be born! Raptor immediately started licking them. It didn't help, the young velociraptor exposed his hand covered with red mucus to the world. She was much too small. The shell of the second egg also began to crack. The mother licked back and forth and her body trembled with nerves. The firstborn got out of his egg and fell to the ground, the Alpha put her hand under his body so that he wouldn't lie on the cold one. The little raptor was trembling and moving its jaws as if trying to catch its breath, but it was too small to do so. His mother focused her attention on him and licked him gently. Unfortunately, after less than a minute, the baby stopped shaking and struggling to breathe. It froze. The alpha let out a desperate squeal. She briefly pressed her nose against his body before turning to try to save the other child. This time it was a tiny girl, she had just exposed her face to the world but wasn't moving. Her mother licked it with tears in her eyes. She should start breathing now! Alpha stopped, admitted the thought she had rejected for so long, her two children were dead. She hugged the two dead bodies to her chest and cried.
When her eyelids finally opened, she noticed her last egg through tears. It was intact. The mother sighed deeply.
Slowly she put down the dead children and wrapped her body around the last egg. She cried. At that moment she swore to herself, this curse must finally end!