Chapter 1

Emo Marinette wasn't sure what to think when her art teacher had informed the students that they would be having a new student joining the school the Monday after the come back from spring break.

Her bluebell eyes narrowed slight as she gave the girl in black a critical stare. Who the hell is this wanna goth girl? The pigtailed bluenette snarled her mind. Is she just doing it for some kind of sick joke?

Emo Marinette stared for a little longer at the strange girl before refocusing her bored gaze back onto her teacher.

"Good morning students, this young lady standing beside me is Wednesday Adams." That got a few gasps and whispers to start circulating around the room like wildfire.

Emo Marinette tapped her fingers rhythmically on the top of her desk, not sure if she was free to pull out her sketchbook or continue listing to Mrs. Starling talk more about this new mysterious student.

The teacher kept talking but about only 5 minutes in, the gothic bluenette had sondes out and was mindlessly drawing pictures of herself and Claw with Betterfly waiting near a bright purple portal.

She was so absorbed in her drawing that she didn't even notice Wednesday standing there until she spoke directly to her.

"For somebody who looks like they'd fit into the discussing love-dovey pile of revolting people I call my family, your drawing has caught my eye in some weird twisted way that I, myself, don't fully understand."

Bluebell eyes shifted slightly and came to face with a pair of dark brown orbs that gave nothing away about what the girl in black was thinking.

"Is there something you want?" The half Chinese girl couldn't help it as she let a bit of coldness deep into her voice. "Cause if not, would you be so kind as to find an emty seat and stop staring at me like I'm a fucking weirdo who avoids people like the plague."

All the blue-eyes teen got in response was a raised eyebrow and a thoughtful 'hmm' sound before Wednesday gave the shorter girl a fat off nod.

"Dispute my overall dislike of going out of my way to make pointless chatter with others: you have peeked my interest my fellow little goth girl." Wednesday paused breadth before giving Emo Marinette a considering look and holding a hand out for her to shake.

After a moment or two hesitation, Emo Marinette gave the ravenette a blank stare before shaking her hand.

"I want to get to know you better, and to do that I will need you to give me your name." Wednesday spoke up, her tone making it pretty clear what she was asking for.

Emo Marinette just folded her arms and rested then on the top of her desk. After a quick glancing down at her purse, she formed her lips into a thin line as Tikki peeked up at her while giving her a thumbs up.

The pigtailed bluenette huffed quietly to herself and raised her gaze to meet Wednesday's expecting stare. "Well Wednesday, if you must know, my name is Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

As she waited to see what Wednesday would say in response to her emotionless answer, her gaze shifted back down to the still-open sketchbook that sat perfectly still in her lap.