hi

hello

hello. good morning (it's 4pm). please don't kill me, this isn't a chapter. but please read it, please please PLEASE.

I had to put this here because it's the only way people will see it. most of you never get the notification when I broadcast a message on my profile and not all of you follow me, and majority of you don't or can't follow my instagram where I post everything SO, this is the only option.

It's good news, I promise. Kind of. I mean, I hope you think it's good news lmao.

so, I've said this a good handful of times that I'm publishing a book early next year and so fractured was on hold because of that. publishing has really tight deadlines, I've had to put down a lot of money for editors, designers etc. and so it's important that the focus is my book that's releasing soon (you'll like it I promise it's the rewritten version of Wednesdays at Wesley's that used to be on Wattpad pls check my instagram for all the info).

I also had another plagiarism issue and my trust in putting my books on this site got thrown again. I was ready to pull all my books but eventually decided to just let them stay up. and a few people have told me, "yeah but if you publish the books they'll also get plagiarized or read for free". yeah. I know this. but at least in that scenario, I'm making some money off the book, it's not just available in mass for free, and I would have more weight behind me to get plagiarized copies for sale down off sites because the original is published under me. yes, I've had people trying to sell stolen copies of my books.

as of right now, I don't make a single dime off anything on this site, and I've had multiple people try to sell my books thinking I wouldn't find it. there's nothing wrong with this site, it's that people find loop holes and that people are shit and ruin sites like this for authors.

so I've prefaced all this with that so that you can understand how difficult deciding this has been. but, you guys have been unbelievably supportive. I've had to go for months at a time for so many reasons, many I just can't feel comfortable sharing but you've never held that against me. some are new readers, some I recognize from you reading bulletproof in 2014. genuinely I tear up when I think about how much you guys care about this book and how many of you have shown you care about me.

so, after my book is published next year, fractured will be completely uploaded here on Wattpad.

it will be a very rough draft and all I ask is that you leave a review with feedback at the end, or fill out a google form with feedback that I'll have up on my profile when the book is posted. it's a rough draft because I'm basically asking you guys to be alpha and beta readers to help me edit and shape the book.

because...

we're going to publish it.

originally we were going to publish bulletproof, but I'm just not a YA writer anymore and my love of this book feels special and I want to focus on that. it will be written to be able to be read as a standalone so you don't have to read bulletproof, but bulletproof will always be here for you guys to reread.

it will be published end of 2024/2025 and only then will it have to be taken down from Wattpad to be published (contract rules I can't have it on wattpad). so there will be at least 6 months of the book completed and online for free before it goes to editing!

take the shot is getting published in spring 2024 so fractured should be fully up around summer latest.

the plan was always to publish this book as a standalone. I hope this news excites you! originally I didn't know what to do because the plagiarism made me worried about posting the whole book here but with publishing as the end goal I think it will be fine, and you guys deserve to read the book at all stages. so you just have to hold out a little longer and then I'll dump the entire book here lol. AND my other book will be out so there will be lots to read! (all my books will be on kindle unlimited too)

I'm sorry this isn't a chapter! I know this is so annoying when it's a post instead of the story but I hope you're excited about the news and I'm excited that we're going to go on the publishing journey with fractured together and you get to be a part of it from the beginning!

and maybe there's an Ethan book from when he gets back from the army and lives remotely off the grid to heal his trauma MAYBE THERE'S AN ETHAN BOOK COMING TOO.