Chapter 29: Inheritance of Darkness

Ryuji threw himself to his chair with a loud and exhausted sigh after finishing the pile of paperworks, the nightmare of all office workers. If he's being honest, this job is worse than being STORAGE captain.

He then decided to get a fresh air by exiting the building. The base is mostly empty since night time has arrived, and most personnel already went home or asleep in the dorms. He looked up to the stars as the cold wind breezed pass him while recalling the event when Nexus took Roc to Heaven above. He knew Ratatoskr is preparing for war, but it won't save the world against the might of Dark Lucifer.

While enjoying a cold ramune, his eyes suddenly caught a star shattered into 7 pieces. He had seen a lot unnatural phenomenon, but this is new to him. Curiosity got the better of him, so he looked into Beelzebub. His findings made his eyes widened in shock, and he let out a devilish grin.

The world still has a chance to survive.

[Ω]

Ryuji and his Wizards watched Cruel Messiah battling against Magatano-Orochi from the monitor. He put palm on his lips to hide his smirk of amusement from his bewildered Wizards.

"Welcome... Disciple of Darkness.."

-Ω-

The Fraxinus crew and the SPUs are shocked to see Cruel Messiah had appeared in the battlefield however, some of them are noticed that this giant is fighting differently than usual. The Spirit girls entered the command room, catching the crew's attention. Seeing their expression, Artemisia could tell that these girls know something.

"What's going on?" She inquired.

"It's Shido! He turned into Cruel Messiah!" Kaguya informed, and the crew are shocked to hear it.

"What do you mean?" Mio stood up.

"It was out of nowhere!" Yoshinon exclaimed.

"His chest suddenly shone in a shape of V, and some sort of baton appeared came out from it in a glittering darkness onto his palms." Ren informed bluntly.

"V shape.." Ellen uttered before it came to realization. "Don't tell me he somehow inherit Roc's power?"

"Question later." Artemisia interjected. "Maria, give me status on Cruel Messiah."

"Shido-kun is clearly having a hard time against the enemy and unlike Yukihara-sensei, his power is draining faster." Maria reported as the information appeared on the monitor. "According to my calculation, he only has-"

"Less than 3 minutes.." Artemisia deducted. "Status on Chrome Chesters."

"All weapons have been replenished, and the gas is in full tank."

"Good." She nodded. "SPU! Scramble!"

-Ω-

Cruel Messiah rolled away from his opponent before firing an energy feather to it. However, it didn't give any damage and Magatano-Orochi launched a barrage of fireballs. Messiah immediately went for a cartwheel flip to the side to dodge the explosive projectiles and when he landed his feet, he deployed a barrier to block a red beam from Orochi's horn. He then absorbed the attack into his claw and returned it twofold, but Orochi's devoured it into its mouth like a snack.

Despite its size, Orochi made a full blown sprint at Messiah and bashed him while coating itself with electricity. It managed to bite his right arm while its other two heads bit his leg and left arm, and Orochi electrocuted him. The giant screamed in agony and tried to break free, but Orochi used its tendrils to entrap him while absorbing his life force.