Chapter 16❃

"Shaking chills"

The sound of the trees' leaves falling is a tranquil, soothing sound. The trees masked the evening sunlight...

-I had forgotten that it was a long way from the city.-I imply, following Zane, who remained silent the entire way. Clearly he was acting strangely, his gaze remains low and pensive.

-At least, it doesn't draw people's attention. Honestly, I do not remember the last time a human entered Alckandunn.-He remarked, without raising his gaze.

-Do you come often?- I inquire.

After a brief period of silence, he spoke.- I used to, I grew up down there, conversely, since I was blackballed from Alckandunn, I have tried to sneak in, to find information regarding Black and Red Magic. Sometimes to see Vander...-He snatched a branch from a bush that was in our way.

Him, having his older brother, which are not close because of their estrangement. It seems that the only person he can rely on is Vander. Even though I don't know him very well, still... there's a loneliness in his gaze, communicating the apprehensive feeling of being deserted or misled and who also is imprisoned by his thoughts...How... How can someone in that state of mind conceal their emotions?...

Upon more reflection, I've noticed that Zane utilizing his ability to transform into a dangerous and powerful wolf is not used very often, but why?...There are numerous things I'm not aware of Zane, and yet it really intrigues me.

-We're here..- He says, climbing some rickety stone steps. It was an abandoned temple located across the Kelna Bridge in middle forest.

We made our way to the temple's side. Zane peered at an ancient stone wall. To be honest, I did not know what he was doing. Then he reached into his leather pouch and pulled out a sharp, shining stone, at least the size of two thumbs.

-What are you doing?- I asked him, with curiosity, observing him as he crouched down and brushed the ground with his long fingers.

Suddenly, he starts using the sharp shining stone to draw some unidentified glyphs.

-Opening the doors- He says as he gets to his feet. As I was gazing with confusion at the odd, strange symbols at the stoned ground. Crossed my eyes, and I noticed that a delicate light was emerging from them.

-What are those?- I inquire.-Ancient sorcery language, witches and magicians used to utilize it for their incantations. This is simply the key to enter Alckandunn.- He says as he approaches the wall and touches it, it vanishes and reveals a hole with steps made of rock.

-Amazing...-I was taken aback.- After you- he says, and I proceed with the steps made out of rock .

All was dark save for a few tiny lights that showed off certain minerals.-Is it possible for humans to enter here? What occurs if they are conversant in that language?-I commented as we followed the narrow stairs.

-You are unable to enter if you do not possess the Oglekh - I interrupted- Oglekh?...-.

-Yep, there are very few replicas of this priceless rock, which can only be found in the deep lands of Alkandunn.-He clarifies.

-Oh, I understand- I survey my surroundings. To be honest, I'm speechless, even though I've been here once, I was unable to really appreciate this incredible place.

We strolled for a little while to get to Vander's place, a small cosy house with trees encircling it and distant rocky hills visible somewhat far. Vander's house was slightly above than all the other cabins located. And just below was a lagoon that mirrored the priceless stones and minerals of different brightness and colours. People and wolves meandering down cobblestone stress. The location was serene and lovely.