Part 1

Opal Vinci and Bors Van-Heel had an unexpected encounter that sent shivers down Bors's spine. He had never believed in ghosts before; yet there she was a spectral figure drifting through the night. His first instinct was to run, but something about Opal's forlorn expression tugged at his heartstrings. He could not ignore the overwhelming sadness he saw in her eyes. He then cautiously approached her, Opal's ghostly form glowed faintly, with otherworldly light, as he approached, she made no sound: but her bodily language spoke of her yearning for connection to others which projected an appearance of warmth. After that Bors's fear was replaced by empathy and desire to understand the mysterious entity; with a trembling hand, he then whispers "Can you hear me? Can you understand me?"

Opal unable to speak or respond audibly, nodded to his question as time passed Bors and Opal formed an intense bond that transcended the realm of the living and the dead. This led to late-night visits during Opal's nightly wanderings which provided Opal with companionship during her wonderings hoping to understand her better by finding ways of communication between them. This led to Bors researching ways to interpret body language and subulate gestures and expressions as Opal can't speak. It was an arduous process, but it brought them closer together as they interacted. In the end, it led to Opal being able to share her life story with Bors while recounting her life events on how she ended up in this undead spectral existence. This lead them to discuss how it caused a deep sense of isolation and loneliness for centuries and the moments of joy and heartache she once experienced in the past as a human being.

Their bond grew stronger each night which inevitability led to Bors overcoming his original apprehension of Opal's ghostly existence. He instead came to see Opal as a kindred spirit haunted by their demons just as he was that they were alive or dead didn't change the connection he felt to her in the slightest.