Preview

---Prologue---

Somewhere in Mexico, 4Am February 7th, 2003

Shifting into 3rd, off the clutch, and cramming into the gas pedal, the 35mm turbo whistling loud, with the 1.2 Liter I4 screaming through 4 thousand RPM struggling to pace the faster Capri RS3100's more powerful engine. Fighting the car to stay straight and narrow through the puddles and patches of deep wet spots along the roadway. "This guys pretty... Think we can beat him?" Allen speaks in astonishment turning to me, looking for an answer. "Yeah, He's got me beat on brute speed, no doubt about it. But top speeds alone doesn't win races." I admit, being a bit of a riddle with my thoughts of what was to come, whilst thundering down the hill towards our distant home town. No doubt where the racing would get hairy, and the better car will make itself known. An eye brow raised, he stared over at me sitting forwards in his seat, whilst the car began to roar into the red triangle section of the RPM gauge, indicating it was entering redline, in a flash, pushing in the clutch with out releasing the throttle, but backing throttle off enough to rev match, I reach over switching into 4th and final gear with in the same second releasing the clutch, and cramming into the gas when the car hooked up again.

 An eye brow raised, he stared over at me sitting forwards in his seat, whilst the car began to roar into the red triangle section of the RPM gauge, indicating it was entering redline, in a flash, pushing in the clutch with out releasing the throt...

Roaring to the stock speedometers max recordable or at least registerable speed of 110Mph (US and Mexico Import variant's Speedo) Even still, the Capri was pulling away slow but steady, the once two car cap had opened to three, maybe four. Speaking Allen asks. "What are you talking about? Doesn't the fastest car always win?" Not skipping a beat, I responded. "Yes, in a sense it does. But many things contribute into what makes one car the fastest, top speed and acceleration are factors yes, but so does turning, brake distance, all the way down to the driver's experience. So on so forth." I explain, finally understanding what I was getting at he sits back and smiles. "I see, we can turn and maintain our speed in a corner far better then he can-" Interrupting, and adding to his claim.

"An with the upgraded disc brakes-" Continuing off my mentioning, he nods and chuckles excited by the information. "So despite being a inherently slower car on straight line speeds, we're in the better car for this race." I nod with a confirming hum. Leveling out from the hill, we thunder into the town, as we pass the first sets of shopping centers, and restaurants I lay eyes on the first intersection, spotting one of many people flagging us through this race at major turns, igniting a hand flare, and pointing it to towards the left exit of the section. Immediately the Capri's tail lights flash bright red and stay so the front end dips down during suspension travel, as a result the rear ends appears to raise up. Having disc brakes all around, rather then only the front I'm able to brake far later, meaning I closed the distance between us rather well in this one corner alone shaving away a car length before applying the brakes hard. with fancy foot work, I drop a gear, release the clutch, and balance off a bit and on a bit with the brakes not having ABS meant I could lock them up if I stayed solid on the brakes as they heated up and gripped harder. I had to play a bit with the peddle to prevent such a lock up. The Capri turns, diving hard into the corner, hugging the far side of the turn, nearly colliding with the outer sidewalk lip as he straightened out of the corner.