Chapter 1.

Highschool was hell on earth. At least, that's how Camila Cabello had seen it since freshman year. She dreaded going to school. Every part of it was miserable. With uncaring teachers who turn a blind eye to the bullying. Cowards. Her mouth twitched into a grimace as she glanced up at the words being displayed proudly on top of the brick building. Their move had been sudden, her dad Alejandro gaining a promotion, on top of the bullying, it seemed like the perfect time to move. Even if it was just about thirty minutes down the road, it was a completely different neighborhood, a fresh start. Or so her parent's say.

Her mom caught her attention and gave her an encouraging smile.

"Mija! You're going to do great!" Her moms enthusiasm gave her a small flutter of hope that this year may be different. As she steps out of the car and slings her bag over her shoulder, shes immediately shoulder checked by a fellow senior dashing by to catch up with his friends and she has to catch her balance for a moment. After her sense of balance catches back up to her, she turns back to just tell her mom she was feeling sick or some other lame excuse only to find her mom's Acura is no longer idling behind her, she sighs in frustration as she puts her headphones in.

"Senior Year here I come." she mutters, ignoring the looks she gets from her peers around her.

She makes her way through the double doors.

It's not that Camila hates school a crazy amount. She's book smart, seeing as all she does is read. The downside is people take her as an easy target for that reason, she supposes. She's quiet and sticks to herself, not going out of her way to make friends. No point if they've all go ulterior motives anyway.

Camila quite honestly doesn't see it being any different seeing as her old school was only thirty minutes down the road.

As she made her way inside, the crowds of people immediately overwhelms her and she takes a deep breath, tugging the cords of her headphones a little to calm down. She'd taken her meds that morning, her mom had made sure of it. It didnt feel like it right now, though. She took deep breaths, like Dr Fernando told her, glancing around with wide eyes at the crazy amounts of colors and the sounds bleeding over her headphones.

She slips into the bathroom.

Taking a seat on a toilet, she holds her hands over her ears, rocking a little in an attempt to calm the anxiety and her racing heart. Placing a hand over her heart, she focuses on slowing it back to a normal cadence through the breathing exercises, one, two, three, four.

"God, I wish I was at home with my guitar right now." She grumbles once she finally gets her heart to stop trying to leave her body. Glancing around as her mind stopped racing a thousand miles a minute, shes caught off guard when a voice sounds from the stall next to her.

"I wish I was at home listening to queen Bey right now but we cant have what we want." The person giggles and Camila's mind races at the thought that someone had heard her have a panic attack. She stays silent, chewing her lip in anxiety.

"Dinah Jane Hansen, by the way, Ms. Silent Pants. What's your name?" The girl had a lower register but it was also immensely calming as it echoed off the surrounding stall.

Camila thinks for a long moment and a pregnant pause echoes around the empty bathroom, save for the two of them.

"Hello?"

She snaps out of it, her voice incredulous as she asks, "Why are you talking to me?"

It isn't meant to come off as snappy and rude as it sounds, but it does and Camila sighs as she remembers her Mami's words.

"Sorry. It's Camila."

Theres a toilet flushing and then Dinah sounds like shes grinning when she speaks.