Chapter 1

In a world where magic ruled the hearts and minds of its inhabitants, fantastical elements were woven into the very fabric of society. Towering spires of shimmering crystal pierced the sky, while floating islands drifted lazily overhead. The streets bustled with people of all races and magical inclinations, their wares and abilities on display for all to see. It was in this realm of wonder that I, Harvey Chroton, found myself striding through.

My tall, lean frame seemed to glide more than walk, my dark hair ruffled by the gentle breeze that played among the cobblestone streets. My piercing blue eyes scanned the sea of faces around me, each one a testament to the boundless potential of magic in our world. Yet, despite my outward appearance of confidence, I could not shake the feeling of being an outcast.

"Hey, Harvey!" called a voice from the crowd, pulling me from my thoughts. "Still playing with your trinkets?"

I gritted my teeth, meeting the mocking gaze of one of my cousins. He knew as well as I did that my status within the Chroton family had been irreparably marred by my limited magical powers. While others could conjure great storms or bend the elements to their will, my own abilities were far more modest. I possessed the unique gift of creating objects with mana, but my small mana capacity had led to my banishment from the family.

"Better than wasting it on pointless displays," I retorted, refusing to give him the satisfaction of seeing me hurt. I turned away, determined not to let him distract me from my ambitions. If there was one thing I had learned during my time as an outcast heir, it was that power came with consequences, and I would not be swayed by the taunts of those who wielded it carelessly.

As I continued down the street, I mulled over my predicament. The Chroton family was wealthy and influential, their magical prowess unrivaled in this world. And yet, they had seen fit to cast me aside like a broken toy. I could still hear the whispers of the family elders, discussing my fate as if I were an object rather than a person.

"His mana capacity is far too low," one had said.

"His abilities are interesting but have little practical use," agreed another.

"Perhaps he will find a place among the common folk," a third suggested, her voice dripping with disdain.

Anger bubbled up within me, and I clenched my fists tightly. I would not be defined by my limitations. I would prove them all wrong, even if it took every ounce of my strength and determination. Despite my small mana capacity, I had already begun to master the creation of non-magical items, becoming more resourceful and adaptable with each passing day.

"Harvey," I whispered to myself, "you can do this."

As I walked away from the taunts and jeers of my past, the weight of my ambitions settled heavily on my shoulders. I knew the road ahead would be difficult, but I was willing to face whatever challenges lay before me. For in a world where magic ruled supreme, I was determined to carve out my place, no matter the cost.

As I walked away from the stone walls of my family's estate, I felt the first twinges of uncertainty gnawing at my resolve. It was a new beginning, one that required me to shed the trappings of my past and embrace an uncertain future. The cold breeze whipped through the bustling city streets, lifting the hem of my cloak as if to remind me of the vast distance between who I once was and who I was determined to become.

"Ah, you must be Harvey," a voice called out from behind me. Turning around, I found myself face-to-face with a stout, balding man. His bushy mustache twitched with amusement, and his eyes twinkled like stars.

"Master Elwood, I presume?" I replied, trying to mask my nervousness. Master Elwood was one of the better known jewel makers of non-magical jewelry for the rich and nobility.