Introducing

Witches were known to kidnap or adopt children depending on how people observed it. The children either suffered a miserable fate or the witch would raise them nicely. They would later come back to the witch with different purposes such as taking revenge, paying the debt of nurturing or taking the bride (?) etc. There are also exceptions among the witches who aren't fond of taking children under their wing.

Kaphosriel was one of them. If there is a thing that she hates the most it will be a crying baby, bonus she lacks the knowledge to raise children and the love for them. The witch would rather have pets instead in which she had quite a number of them in her territory, for support of course.

So what was the point of speaking about adopting a child now? Because Kaphosriel's deity usually enjoyed torturing her with problems that went against her liking. On a bright beautiful sunny day, the goddess throws a child at the witch's door.

The boy has yellow eyes as sharp as a hawk, a pup predator. He's called Mihawk or so as he claimed himself.

Kaphosriel's territory is an isolated island that lack of human footstep. The only residents on the island are mythical creatures which appeared in fairy tales and legends. As the landlord, they will never attack Kaphosriel and in addition, no human would survive a trip to the island through thousands of protective spells and the monsters themselves, not to mention there is no ordinary path leading to this place. According to that, the very existence of a child on the island is extremely suspicious, Kaphosriel blames the goddess.

Either leaving the house, running away or close to death, etc. There are a bunch of reasons the deity would take advantage of and take (or kidnapped) the child.

"Did you by chance encounter a red-haired woman with two different eye colors and tell you she can bring you to a place far away?"

Mihawk, who looks only 10, nods his head. Kaphosriel heavily sighs.

"Why did you accept the offer?"

"Homeless." The boy answers.

Ah, running away then.

"I am Kaphosriel, a witch. There are no human on this island, just me and various kind of monsters. If you decide not to live in such an environment, I can take you somewhere else."

Mihawk lowers his head thinking, then looks into the witch's eyes "I wish to stay."

"Then you must learn how to take care of yourself, I will provide only accommodation expenses, not babysit you 24 on 7, understand?"

And that is how the witch adopts the first child.

Two weeks later, two more child make their entrance, one boy one girl. The boy seems older, his name is Katakuri, the little girl is called Brulee, they both look like they have struggled through alot. Absolutely the running away type, Kaphosriel concludes without question.

She asks them the same questions she once did with Mihawk and they agree staying. The brother even says this place cannot be worse than their home which catches Kaphosriel's attention but she chooses not to question that.

Now if there are both male and female children, she needs to expand her house.

Another week passed, more children appear. Both of them have yellow hair, the taller must be older who called Doflamingo while the shorter is Rosinante. Without question Kaphosriel suddenly felt an urge to smack the older.

And she did.

Eyyy this brat obtains quite an amount of stamina, doesn't he? Good for a punchbag when he's older.