Accusations

Maya&Danny

"Danny I told you already that that wasn't what was happening! Why won't you believe me? We've been together for 4 ½ years and you still don't trust me?" he couldn't even look at me. Why won't he believe me, I don't know.

"Maya when did I say I didn't tru-" I interrupt him yelling, "You don't have to say it. Your actions say it for you Danny."

I take a deep breath and explain the story once more. "That man at the party followed me to the bar. He started a conversation with me. He was flirting with me, Dan. I said two words to him which were no thanks when he asked to buy me a drink. I smiled politely and said no thanks. I said NO THANKS Danny that's all. " I take a deep breath and continue "Why do you keep making it seem like I was full-on engaging with him."

He looks at me and says "But I saw him with his hand on your upper arm. Why would his hand be on your upper arm? I don't get why he was touching you if you just say that all you said to him was no thanks Maya it just doesn't make sense."

I look at him in utter disbelief "It doesn't make sense Danny? Well let me make some sense out of it for you I was walking away from him and he grabbed my arm because he couldn't handle that I rejected the drink that he offered to buy. And that is when you saw us. I didn't want to yell or make a scene because this was your work event. It was about you getting an award for all the hard work that you do."

I put my head down "I just wanted tonight to be about you Danny and that's why I didn't immediately slap him in the face when he touched me because that would have caused drama for you. and that isn't what I wanted."

"Maya," he says my name and I look up at him and all I can see on his face is guilt. Guilt for even implying that I would flirt with another man.

He begins to start speaking once again "Maya please look-" but gets cut off by the cries of our 9-month baby from another room

I tell him I have to go tend to our child and walk away. I pick up our little girl and go on to check her diaper. I clean her up then gently rock her back to sleep. I sing her sweet little lullabies And watch as she comes.

Danny walks into the room I look at him and he has a look of adoration on his face as he watches Aaliyah and I. He begins to speak but I just shake my head no and he walks out of the room.

After I put Aaliyah back into her crib I walk back to our room to see Danny where it is heading his hands. He hears me walk into the room and he just says "I'm sorry Maya." I wait for him to continue and he does.

" Maya I should have never accused you of flirting with that man. I know that isn't who you are so I don't know what possessed me to even think that you would do that to me. I shouldn't have made you feel like you had betrayed me in any way when you didn't. You have loved me for so many years, and you gave me a beautiful daughter Liyah and I couldn't be more appreciative of you. I'm so sorry Maya I am truly so sorry"

He looks up at me and now I see the tears in his eyes, the same tears that I have in my eyes. " Danny I forgive you but I think you have some type of insecurity that you need to work on. This may be the first time that you have accused me of flirting with another man doesn't make it the last and I can't deal with that all the time. I suggest you think about starting therapy so that you can work through this issue that you have."

He gets from the bed and walks towards me. He grabbed me and hugged me tightly burying his face into my neck. " I love you Maya and I am so sorry. I'll do therapy,  I promise." is what he says to me over and over again.

" I love you too Danny so much."

Thank you for reading my first oneshot!!! I would love to hear what you think about it. Was it good was it bad what could I do to improve???

How do we feel about Danny?

How do we feel about Maya?